Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

[SOLVED] How to remove strange character on home page after installing Atahualpa 3.5.

Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:33 PM
paulc

5 posts · Jun 2010
I've installed Atuahalpa 3.5.1 for the latest version of Wordpress, in a windows server.

There is a problem with the article extract in the index/home page - it has a strange character (appears as an empty square in IE, or a black diamond with question mark in Chrome).

Example:-

" it’s� ‘El Dorado’. � It conjures ". How to get rid of this character?

If you click the link to see the full post, these characters do not appear. How to remove?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Edit the post in question and look to see if you have any the custom fields 'bfa_ata_body_title' and 'bfa_ata_body_title_multi'. If so, delete them both and see what happens.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:13 PM
paulc

5 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks. Before seeing this answer I found there were extra spaces where these characters showed, and eliminated them. That worked. Then I looked in Edit post for these and if there were any custom fields, they were now gone. Adding spaces caused no problems, as expected