Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Changing the drop down character on page menu bar

Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:43 PM
SherylCPA

10 posts · Mar 2009
How can I change the drop down character on the page menu bar to something other than the black or white arrows?

If I can't change it, can I remove it?

Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 03:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
yes you can change it, it will take a little work but not much. There are 6 gif's involved located in the 'atahualpa/images' folder:
expand-down-white.gif
expand-down.gif
expand-left-white.gif
expand-left.gif
expand-right-white.gif
expand-right.gif
First off make a copy so you can go back to them if you need to. Each GIF is 20 x 8 so make six replacements and call them the names above and replace the existing gif's. That's it, your done
expand-down-white.gif
expand-left-white.gif
expand-right-white.gif
will be user if you set ATO->Page Menu Bar->White or Black Arrows as Sub Menu Indicator? to 'White' and
expand-down.gif
expand-left.gif
expand-right.gif
will be user if you set ATO->Page Menu Bar->White or Black Arrows as Sub Menu Indicator? to 'Black'

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:19 AM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Send a message via AIM to rhenium3 Send a message via Skype™ to rhenium3
This is useful! But can they be removed?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
add theis to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
	background-image: none;
	}
if you want to get rid of the submenu ones use
HTML Code:
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-vRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
ul.rMenu-hRight li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a 
	{
	background-image: none;
	}
Old Jun 9, 2011, 01:36 PM
OUMomof3

12 posts · Jun 2011
I am trying to remove these drop down arrows as well. I placed the above in the HTML area and it did indeed remove the arrows from the first menu bar, however the second menu bar still has them.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When you refer to the 'first' menu bar and the 'second' menu bar are you talking about the page and category menu's?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:00 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Easiest way to "remove" them, would probably be to edit the images, make them all blank gif and replace them 2 minute job + FTP to site.