Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How Can I Make Images I Grab from the Web Smaller?

Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:31 AM
windy

13 posts · Sep 2011
When I copy an image from a website it is often too large to use. For example I'm promoting a groupon deal at the French Country Inn in Lake Geneva. www.frenchcountryinn.com

When I right click on an image, e.g. romance and paste in a a post it's just too large. What do I need to do to make it smaller?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the best thing is a program designed to do that. On the Mac, I use a nifty little program called 'EasyCrop'
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:14 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Basic image editing software will resize/resample images.
Your PrintScreen button on keyboard can take a quick screenshot of images, then just crop down to the image you want (with basic image editing software).
When taking images or graphics from the net, be aware copyright often applies. You cant legally "take" and use a copy of an image without the owners permission.