Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Activate Atahualpa as a replacement theme

Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:13 PM
paulhen

7 posts · Nov 2010
[SOLVED] Activate Atahualpa as a replacement theme

My webhoster supports wordpress and I installed the prog through there. Then I uploaded the unzipped theme to a directory on my site ftp. It said it completed OK. When I go to themes in admin it shows both themes and the Atahualpa shows a window image just as my previously installed Twenty Ten theme. I can activate either one of them and have. The Twenty Ten shows up properly.

I tried installing myMag 1.1 through admin & rebooted but when I click preview I get error: Message from Webpage "Stack Overflow at Line:24" A second reinstall resulted in the same. It seems when activated it shows only part of what it should?

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with my web host tech support today. Anyway, the guy installed the same 3 themes on his personal blog that I have while I was on the phone with him and he had the exact same problem with the 2 that I did. We both installed a 4th - Desk 1.0.3 and it worked. Both it and Twenty Ten that worked for both of us are very simple themes whereas the other 2 are much more heavy weight, or so it seems to a newbie like me.

I posted this and more during the day to http://wordpress.org/support/topic/a...lacement-theme
and it was suggested I try it here as we had no success despite serious supporrt efforts there.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What happens when you activate Atahualpa? Do you get an error or some message?
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:44 AM
paulhen

7 posts · Nov 2010
I am using the latest stable version of Wordpress 3.0.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.9
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:47 AM
paulhen

7 posts · Nov 2010
And I get no error message with anything except myMag 1.1 theme. I have activated Atahualpa on my site www.22flanders.com so if you can take a moment to go there you can see how it resolves first hand
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ATO_> Export/Importt Settings and press the 'Delete bfa_ata4' button at the bottom.

sometimes in a new install, the record isn't completely created. I thinl it is s server time out issue, but deleting the bfa_ata4 row will force a rebuild of all the theme defaule options.

Once you start yo customize the theme NEVER press this button because you will loose all your customizations - BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:15 AM
paulhen

7 posts · Nov 2010
I am sorry but I do not know where to navigate from or to given your path. I searched the forum for the acronym ATO and see it mentioned but not identified. I have never used this software before so I will need to ask for your patience.

In any case though, since my Tech Support guy at my web hoster had the identical problems with the two themes in question when activating on his own blog (and he is very familiar with wordpress and the themes and feels they are faulty themes) I am not sure how a rebuild of my theme is going to help?