Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Is it possible to remove menu highlighting on home page?

Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:02 PM
rogemj23

18 posts · Nov 2010
Appleton, WI
[SOLVED] Is it possible to remove menu highlighting on home page?

I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the highlight on the home page only so that when you land on the site none of the links are highlighted. I've scoured the forums, but haven't found any solutions. I think it has something to do with this line of code: li class="page_item current_page_item", but I don't want to change it for every instance, just for the home page. Any ideas? Thanks!

Atathualpa 3.7.7
WordPress 3.4.1
Old Jul 7, 2012, 03:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it does have to do with that, you just need to use a CSS selector of
HTML Code:
body.home .current_page_item {...}
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:26 AM
rogemj23

18 posts · Nov 2010
Appleton, WI
Thank you for the code, but unfortunately it didn't work. I added the following to CSS Inserts:

body.home current_page_item {
background-color: #B24467;
}

It did not seem to change anything. The website is http://www.andrearussell.com/new_site/.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the CSS wasn't specific enough. You should learn to use the FireBug extension of FireFox. With it I see that this is the CSS being sed
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:link, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:active, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:hover, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:visited, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:link, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:active, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:hover, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:visited, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover {
    background-color: #B24467;
    color: #F8F4EB;
}
add teh 'body.home' before each of those selectors...and change the color
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:04 AM
rogemj23

18 posts · Nov 2010
Appleton, WI
Yes, that does remove the highlighting from the homepage, but from every other page as well. Is there a way to isolate this to just the home page? I tried adding body.home before each of them, but that didn't work.

I do use firebug, and I do see where you got that code from now. I hadn't scrolled down far enough before to see it.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
please put it in and prefix them all with the 'body.home 'so they are
HTML Code:
body.home div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:link,
so I can see the results