Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

No Spaces in Paragraphs.

Old May 18, 2010, 01:03 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Hi all.

I'm fairly familiar with an issue that a lot of WP users have, where, for some reason, the visual editor as well as the html editor will not allow you to place spaces, indents, etc. in your paragraphs.

Has anyone found a way around this?

I've searched over at wordpress.org and I know this isn't an ATA, but thought I'd post nonetheless.

Thanks for anyone who has any ideas.
Old May 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try disabling all your plugins and see if the issue still exists. If it is gone, then it is a plugin conflict.
Old May 18, 2010, 02:01 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I've never had this problem. JD is right, it's probably a plugin conflict. Are you using any visual editor plugins? I use Tiny MCE Advanced and it's fine.
Old May 18, 2010, 09:36 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
I have disabled all of my plug-ins, and the problem has nothing to do with them. The plug-ins I currently have running are/were:

Executable PHP Widget
Featured Content Gallery
Members Only
WP-DBManager
WP-prettyPhoto
WP Super Cache

After deactivating those plug-ins, I went in to edit and save the pages, and my changes still did not save. I double checked by doing a force refresh of the actual page, and no changes were reflected.

Doing some research over at wordpress.org, it seems that many people have had this problem and most solutions usually involve people recommending you edit your style.css to add:

Code:
.main p {
line-height:18px;
margin:0 0 15px 0;
}
I'm not sure that's the route I want to go at this point.
Old May 18, 2010, 09:38 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Does Tiny MCE Advanced work my like Wordpad or Notepad than the way Tiny MCE works?

I really dislike the 1.5/2.0'ish space it puts between lines when I'm writing content in it generally.