Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How do I color the Search Box?

Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:31 AM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
How do I color the Search Box?

Page/site: http://www.todddawsondesign.com/test/matia/
WP: 3.5
ATA: 3.7.10

I want to color the Search box, and for the life of me can't figure out how to do it. I've used Firebug to try to figure it out, but it seems to be beyond my limited skills. Where is the original code for all this? (so I could copy/modify it in css inserts)

I didn't see any other posts on this...

Any help appreciated.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 05:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the searchbox is a form and it's styling is set at ato->Style FORMS

if you just want to style the searchbox you could use '.searchbox-form input' as the CSS selector and you may need to add an '!important' to the rule you use.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:56 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
I looked at the search form.php code, and based on that, tried the following variations:

input.text, input.textbox, input.password, input.file, input.TextField, textarea { background-color: #990000 !important; }
div.searchbox-form input { background-color: #999966 !important; }
form.searchbox-form input { background-color: #999966 !important; }

table td.searchfield { background-color: #999966 !important; }

table.searchform { background-color: #999966 !important; }
table.searchform td { background-color: #999966 !important; }
td.searchfield { background-color: #999966 !important; }

Note: the colors are just to see if something changes. They're not necessarily the colors I want in the final.

I feel like I'm stabbing in the dark.

All attempts only color the field when you click in it… (which is controlled in ago FORMS). That is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I want to happen… I want to color it UNTIL you click in it-then it can go white. So when you arrive on the page, the field is colored; then, when you click on it, it can either be white or another color.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 03:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Not quite sure what you want the results to be but here is some code that may point you in the right direction.
HTML Code:
.searchbox-form input {
    background: #B77441 !important;
    margin-top: 5px;
    border: none !important;
    color: black !important;
}
.searchbox {
    margin-right: 60px !important;
    width: 220px !important;
}
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:20 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
Miles-that didn't seem to help. I'm not really worried about borders, position. I just want to change the white field in the Search Box BEFORE you click in it.

I wanted to attach some jpgs to show what I want to do, but apparently I'm over my limit and it is not immediately apparent how I can delete past attachments (one's I want to load are under 250k).
Old Jan 3, 2013, 06:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just added some other code to show you what can be done. For what you want just use something like the following.
HTML Code:
.searchbox-form input {
    background: #B77441 !important;
}
To delete attachments look in your profile settings.