Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to exclude one page (large table) from search?

Old Feb 4, 2011, 07:58 AM
eleanorb

41 posts · Nov 2010
Does anyone know how to exclude a single page (which has a large table) from the search function? Thanks, Eleanor
Old Feb 4, 2011, 09:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are some search plugins with added functionality. I would do a search on wordpress.org
Old Feb 5, 2011, 07:59 AM
eleanorb

41 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks! I've checked out the first 30 of the plugins listed in a wordpress search for "search exclude," and none seem suitable. Most of them are not good beyond WP 2.9 (I am using 3.0.4), and others don't offer the precise function I need (exclude one page, only from search). I did find a workaround at http://www.wprecipes.com/how-to-excl...search-results, but it says "Just swap the above code with the code found the search.php inside your themes folder" and I can't find such a file in the Atahualpa files. Am I missing something? Thanks, Eleanor
Old Feb 5, 2011, 07:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Did you try this plugin? I didn't test but it looks like a possibility.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 07:24 PM
eleanorb

41 posts · Nov 2010
Yes, I looked at that, but it seems that there is no way to exclude it from search but keep it in menus, etc. (There is a check-box labeled "exclude from search too".) I have queried the authors on their site, and am waiting for a response. I'll let you know when I hear.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 07:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you use the WordPress menu system I think the menu tab will show.