Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

site auto-reloads every 3 seconds

Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:06 AM
mrshannigan

6 posts · Apr 2009
Washington State, when I'm not traveling
Hello- I have the newer atahualpa, and my plugins are... akismet,bastsats,customizable permalinks,sociable,wpdatabase backup,wp-cache and generic footer- all the latest versions.

first- the page redirects, then it tried to reload every 3 seconds. a user caught it with her security feature and when I raised my security levels, I found it, too.

I thought it was the header rotation,trying to rotate while people were watching- but I removed all but one header image and that didn't help.

I also thought it might have been a random quote rotator, but deactivating that didn't help either.

http://www.30queries30days.com/wordpresssite
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:08 AM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Wow, it really does reload that often! Sorry, I can't help you but you might want to disable your google ads until you get it figured out.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:19 AM
mrshannigan

6 posts · Apr 2009
OK- I will, but why. I don't wanna get into trouble with google, but would I really, for reloads?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:43 AM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
I'm not totally up to date on Adsense anymore, but there use to be something about the number of impressions per clicks. Sort of like a quality score. It seems that I remember you would get paid less per click.

(I really only remember this because I spent a bunch of time on it and removed ads from pages that were not doing well. It did seem to help a bit.)
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:18 AM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
You have a meta refresh, I guess that's why it's reloading.

And you have several opening and closing body and html tags on the page. Maybe you put the additionnal ones when you inserted the Statcounter code? You are supposed to put that before the existing </body> tag in your footer, not wrap it in additionnal <body> </body> tags.

And about Adsense: if there are any severe problems like yours on the page, it's always wise to disable Adsense temporarily.

You just have to figure out what put that meta refresh there in the first place, and your problem will go away.

Oh, and there's a "get started now" banner that's too big for the left sidebar, consider shrinking it or something.

Last edited by Glottis; Apr 9, 2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:02 PM
mrshannigan

6 posts · Apr 2009
It was the meta refresh- whew! i was going nuts there. Thank you so much.

And my statcounter code- they said to insert it just before </ body> and that's where it is. I realize there's a < body> just above it- but i didn't put it there, but I did think it was odd. Not knowing php, I just thought that's how it's supposed to be, is it not?

I'm pretty sure I didn't put it there. What are the possible negative effects?

And thanks for the heads-up on the graphic, I've been fiddling with the sidebars- constantly tweaking things
Old Jun 17, 2009, 03:35 PM
tobrowntx

1 posts · Jun 2009
I am also having a reload issue, every 7 seconds. Any review of my source code at mymtvnetwork.com would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Tom
Attached Files
File Type: txt mymtvnetwork[1].txt (14.2 KB, 2060 views)
Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This does not seem to be a site using Atahualpa. Are you using this theme?