Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Home page title not displaying ...

Old Oct 6, 2010, 01:48 PM
edkopec

5 posts · Sep 2010
Hi,

I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9 with Wordpress 3.0.1. My site is www.mrhomebuddy.com, and I am doing some SEO on the site and have run into to problem I can't seem to solve. I'm sure it's simple buy maybe someone out there has found a solution already.

I have created a static home page (home.php) and everything works fine except ... when I open the site, the correct home page loads, but when I do a 'view source' the title does not show between the <title>< /title> brackets. When I look at the source code for the home.php the title does show in the brackets.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 02:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What are you using for SEO?

Last edited by lmilesw; Oct 6, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 02:40 PM
edkopec

5 posts · Sep 2010
Atahualpa 3.4.9 SEO and I also tried SEO Ultimate ... neither of which let you modify the static home page ... as far as I can see.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 02:43 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In ATO>Configure SEO what do you have selected for Meta Title Tag format? I don't have 3.4.9 installed so can't test if this is happening of everyone. Have you considered upgrading to 3.5.3?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 03:08 PM
edkopec

5 posts · Sep 2010
Meta Tag format is Page Title only. I didn't want to change versions until I got this worked out ...
Old Oct 6, 2010, 05:45 PM
edkopec

5 posts · Sep 2010
OK upgraded to 3.5.3 and the problem continues to exist.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 06:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think it just dawned on me what is happening. When you said you created a home.php page I just though you created a page and set it as the static home page. I'm guessing that is not what you did right? If you created your own home.php then the code would have to built in such a way as to integrate with Atahualpa.

Am I correct in my assumptions? If so is there a reason you didn't just create a regular WordPress Page and set it as a static home page in WordPress settings?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 07:43 PM
edkopec

5 posts · Sep 2010
You are exactly right ... just figured it out myself ... I created a home.php page in a text editor with the one line code of the header and the footer, and then built the body, which worked OK on the surface, but not under the covers.

What I did to fix the problem was create a home page in the ATO under Pages, and then in the Settings, under Reading, set the static page to be the front page which is the Home page I created in Pages.

Whew ... not sure I even understand that!

Thanks for the support anyway!