Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Disclaimer on every post page possible?

Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:41 AM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ldsmedia
Smile Disclaimer on every post page possible?

I have two blogs one on investing and economics and one on alternative health solutions. Both of these require disclaimers due to legal technicalities with government agencies.

My question is, is there any way to create text that will automatically appear at the bottom of every page or do you have to manually add it to each post, etc.?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Put it in the footer ATO->Footer->Footer: Content
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:59 PM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Thanks as usual, but I thought we could ask questions about other themes in this section. One of the reason's this theme by Flynn does so well (I can never remember how to spell it though) is because it makes so many things so easy.

Tell you what, I will go to the WP forum and see if I can find an answer (usually I can't after more than an hour of surfing), if I do I'll just say thanks. But if I don't I'll be back with another donation.

You probably should have a contest to find out how many people know your name. After all the only way they would probably know it is if they sent a donation through PayPal.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 08:35 AM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
It seems to me that WP codex is actually set up more for people who want to create themes and the forum usually comes up with too many results making it very difficult to find what you are looking for. Besides that most of the questions seem to be from people that are more technically oriented than I am.

Is there some place that gives basic WP customization with step by step instructions, or am I just dreaming? Maybe this problem is why people are willing to buy themes rather than use free ones. That is also the primary reason why I felt compelled to make a donation for both the theme and the forum.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could always check out 'WordPress for Dummies' on Amazon
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:01 PM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have that book and some of it was outdated before I bought it. that's the biggest problem with tech books. Of course, all free themes vary as well. That theme broke when I changed the footer.php file to add the disclaimer. So I had to delete it and reinstall it.

I think I will try to see if I can make it work using the sidebar.