Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Custom links IN header image

Old Apr 26, 2009, 02:48 PM
mkny13

14 posts · Apr 2009
I've found posts that describe now to add a custom table of links above/below the header image. My question is, is it possible to add 4-5 links and one drop down menu inside the header image? I've set my title/tagline to be inside the image on the left, I'd like to have links to Contact Us, FAQ, etc opposite it, inside on the right.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:14 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can move the container with the menu up and to the right with CSS and additionally add z-index in case it is covered by other items in the header image area

div#menu1 {
margin-top: -50px;
margin-left: 200px;
z-index: 10;
}

Look into the source code of a browser-rendered page of your site to figure out the ID or class of the container with the menu. If you manually added a new menu bar the ID or class may be something else and not menu1
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:53 PM
mkny13

14 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks. I actually ended up just relocating the elements elsewhere, but I appreciate the reply.
Old May 1, 2009, 05:02 PM
mkny13

14 posts · Apr 2009
Well, i circled back around to try this again. In the page source, the search box is in the midst of this section:
Code:
<!-- Header -->
		<td id="header" colspan="3">

<table id="logoarea" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="bottom" class="search-box" align="right"><div class="searchbox">
		<form method="get" class="searchform" action="http://www.valdosta.edu/~foguz/group7/">
		<div class="searchbox-form">
			<input type="text" class="text inputblur" onfocus="this.value=''" 
			value="Search Site" onblur="this.value='Search Site'" name="s" />
		</div>
		</form>
In CSS Inserts, I put:
Code:
div#searchform {
}
Search box stubbornly stays put. You can see the site here

Thanks
Old May 4, 2009, 10:03 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use div.searchbox { ... }
Old May 6, 2009, 09:49 AM
mkny13

14 posts · Apr 2009
Just tried that.
Code:
div.searchbox {
}
Search box disappears entirely. I tried a variety of positive and negative values for margin-top, but I can't get any overlap. Not a big deal at this point, just a niggling problem.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:49 PM
hyperkurt

3 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
You can move the container with the menu up and to the right with CSS and additionally add z-index in case it is covered by other items in the header image area

div#menu1 {
}

Look into the source code of a browser-rendered page of your site to figure out the ID or class of the container with the menu. If you manually added a new menu bar the ID or class may be something else and not menu1
Flynn,
This thread is of interest to me. Would I insert the above code into the ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts section? If not, where should it be added/changed?
Thx!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:13 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Yes, all CSS code that needs to have the selectors and brackets should go into CSS Inserts

CSS Inserts is the place for CSS where no other text area is available anywhere in the theme options