Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Trying to build a grid of images.

Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:28 PM
studentofstone

30 posts · Nov 2010
Trying to build a grid of images.

http://corazonhome.com/
ata 3.7.3 wp 3.3.1
I am trying to create a grid of images 4x4 with no space between them.
The top row is my attempt with css. I don't know why they are stair stepping like that. The bottom row is my attempt with tables. I can find no reason for the spaces between the cells.
I don't want to use a plugin because it is not a gallery or portfolio. I just want image links to pages.
help?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Id use a table. You'll need a plugin to edit the table or create it with html (in Dreamweaver or other) then paste the html into your page (html view).
Then you'll have to remove any padding already set in the ATO for tables, so you can set any gap, or no gaps between cells.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I lean toward CSS. Then it's just a matter of getting your floats and clears correct. I see break tags between your images which seems to be creating the stair steps. If you post the code you are using I might be able to precisely see what is happening.