Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Putting Code/Sign Up Form into Sidebar

Old Jun 7, 2009, 08:57 PM
gradlebum

22 posts · May 2009
Putting Code/Sign Up Form into Sidebar

Hello All,

My question is 2 part.

Part 1 - I want to place a sign up form from my autoresponder into my sidebar, but as there is no sidebar.php, how do I do this. I can use javascript or html.

Part 2 - I only want certain things to appear on certain pages in the sidebar. So on page 1, I want one thing to show up that I do not want to show up on the other pages' sidebars, so how do I control content on the sidebars specific to each page?

Thanks loads for the help.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
part 2 - see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1512
part 1 - what plugin are you using?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 09:35 PM
gradlebum

22 posts · May 2009
Hey Juggledad,

I am using the following plugins: all in one seo pack, custom field widget, fckeditor for wordpress, google xml sitemaps, maxblogpress ping optimizer, my link order, my page order, nofollow links, wordpress automatic upgrade, wordpress database backup and youtube brackets.

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 02:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so which one is the autoresponder?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 07:49 AM
gradlebum

22 posts · May 2009
I am obviously going to enter into the realm of confusion and the naivete. My autoresponder is through AWeber, but I had no idea I needed a plugin for this. What plugin would I need to use my autoresponder.

As another note - why is there no sidebar.php so that this theme is simpler to work with?

Thanks for your continued help Juggledad.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
As I understand it, the functions of sidebar.php are incorporated in the rest of the code.

You can use the 'TEXT' widget to add what you need to a sidebar.