Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Dark gray top and bottom border on header image (again)

Old May 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
Heliros

4 posts · May 2010
Hiya!

First of all, thank you for a wonderful wordpress theme. It's awesome.

On to the topic.

I'm building a site, and similarily to http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7243 I would LOVE to get rid of the dark gray THING surrounding my header image. (Although it looks very black to me, now that I think about it. No sense of colour. Sorry!)

However. I can't for the life of me find any {border} code in my files that relates to div#imagecontainer.

Obviously, I'm quite new to the whole wordpress deal. Please forgive me if this is such a simple problem that it bothers you.

I keep hearing about CSS inserts. This is the theme files (for example, bfa_header_config.php), right?

site is here:> http://www.vfportee.se/prototype/wordpress

Thank you for any and all help!
Old May 26, 2010, 07:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Go the ATO>Add CSS/HTML Inserts and then to the CSS Inserts box. In there you will see this CSS entry
HTML Code:
div#imagecontainer {
border-bottom:5px solid #333333;
border-top:5px solid #333333;
}
Just take out or change the border as desired.
You should never have to go the the files for changes to this theme. All of the settings are in the Atahualpa Theme Options.

Hope that helps.
Old May 27, 2010, 12:09 AM
Heliros

4 posts · May 2010
Thank you

That solved everything. Although I had to mark the css insert box and press ctrl+a and paste it into a textfile to actually get at the code. I would never have guessed that the seemingly blank, small boxes actually contained code. Now I'm going to have to check every option box this way
Old May 27, 2010, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Heliros
Quote:
That solved everything. Although I had to mark the css insert box and press ctrl+a and paste it into a textfile to actually get at the code. I would never have guessed that the seemingly blank, small boxes actually contained code. Now I'm going to have to check every option box this way
try disabling all your plugins and see if this changes. There is probably a plugin conflict.
Old May 27, 2010, 01:43 PM
Heliros

4 posts · May 2010
Actually, I only have two plugins, the ones that came with wordpress, "Hello Dolly" and "Akismet". Both I disabled from the get-go.
Old May 28, 2010, 05:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of PHP are you running? if you don't know, add this line
HTML Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
as the first line of ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Content ABOVE the LOOP then view the site and get the info and remove the line.
Old May 30, 2010, 06:47 AM
Heliros

4 posts · May 2010
PHP Version 4.4.9 is what I get when I put that code in.
Old May 30, 2010, 07:03 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Later versions of WP and the theme require at least PHP 5, I believe. Ask your hosting company to upgrade.
Old May 30, 2010, 07:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
PHP 4.4.9 is discontinued. You should be at version 5.2 or there abouts. Many plugins require at least version 5.

Some host control panels let you upgrade but you may have to contact your host to do that for you.
Old May 30, 2010, 08:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You can try adding
HTML Code:
AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php
to your htaccess file. This is how you force the site to run php5 if you are on godaddy. It may work elsewhere