Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Post Headline will not show on single or multi-post page

Old Mar 6, 2013, 03:47 AM
mdeschaine

4 posts · Jan 2013
PA
[SOLVED] Post Headline will not show on single or multi-post page

Hello everyone,

I'm using Ata 3.7.11 (after upgrading and losing all of my header images etc, everything is back on track!)

I have only one problem with my site that needs to be fixed. I have spent hours searching and googling for an answer, but, I cannot figure it out.

I want the post-title to show up on the post, and more importantly in the multi-post homepage.

There is either something with the code, or I styled something incorrectly, but nothing that I do will make the title visible. Byline works, but kicker and headline will not show.

I have already disabled all plugins and went through them one by one.

I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My site can be found at www.approachingthewoman.com - let me know what you need from me (code snips, etc).

if you see, the bottom few posts have a very large text that appears to be a headline and sub-head, but they are H1 and H2 tags that I used as a way to get around this. However, I don't like the formatting of them that way. I want it to look a little crisper.

Thank you!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you added anything in the CSS inserts?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:54 AM
mdeschaine

4 posts · Jan 2013
PA
The only thing I added originally was some code for h1, h2, and h3 headings using google fonts. I placed it in the style sheet. I was not sure where the correct place to put it was, but it worked.

I have since deleted the code (i didnt remove anything when i added it in) to get rid of the web fonts. But, the headlines were not showing before that.

I really did not change any code at all, I did all of my styling through the ATO.

Under ATO > Posts & Pages > Edit Post/Page Info Items, I got the Byline to appear by putting %author% but there is no input for the Headline, only byline and kicker.

Under Style Posts & Pages This is what I have concerning the Headline:

Headline Box:
padding: 5;
margin: 5;

Headline Box Text:
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
%post-title%
font-size: 2.15em;
font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;
color: #333389;

Headline Box Links:
color: #666666;
text-decoration: none;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
%post-title%
font-size: 2.15em;
font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;
color: #333389;

maybe I am formulating my inputs incorrectly?

Thanks again!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm talking about the 'CSS Inserts' option ie: ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:30 AM
mdeschaine

4 posts · Jan 2013
PA
Oh, sorry.

Yes, this is the contents of the CSS inserts

h1 { font-size: 34px; line-height: 1.2; margin: 0.3em 0 10px; }
h2 { font-size: 28px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 1em 0 .2em; }
h3 { font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 1em 0 .2em; }
h4 { font-size: 19px; margin: 1.33em 0 .2em; }
h5 { font-size: 1.3em; margin: 1.67em 0; font-weight: bold; }
h6 { font-size: 1.15em; margin: 1.67em 0; font-weight: bold; }
div.post-headline {display: none; }

Totally missed that. I see where it says display none now, but what do I change it to?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to w3schools.com/css and lookup what that does.