Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Redirection to web page outside blog when click on 'Posts', 'Comments' or '

Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:51 AM
brianwilson71

15 posts · Jan 2011
Hi, I am brand new to Atahualpa and have just installed version 3.6.1.

I have installed wordpress to www.abipo.com/blog/

Heres the problem:

When I click on 'Posts' or 'Comments' at the top of the blog, I get redirected to www.abipo.com/index.html (i.e. a webpage that is OUTSIDE the blog).

Also, for certain widgets I install, for example the 'Search' widget, I get get reredirected to www.abipo.com/index.html when I click on 'Search'.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks,

/Brian
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried disabling all our plugins to see if there is a conflict?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:39 AM
brianwilson71

15 posts · Jan 2011
Hi juggledad,

I don't have so many plugins (just akismet and google analytics) as I have only installed yesterday but good suggestion. I have disabled and it doesn't make any difference.

You can see the problem if you go here and click on 'Posts' in the top right:

www.abipo.com/blog/

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this looks like is is installed where another site is installed - in a sub folder. You should check the htaccess file of the root folder and see what it is doing, if may be doing the redirect.

If you don't know what an htaccess file is, I suggest doing (a lot of) research on the web or contacting someone in your organization or at your host who might help you.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:36 AM
brianwilson71

15 posts · Jan 2011
Note: I am running on a windows server but this is all that is in the .htaccess file:

AddType application/x-httpd-parse .htm
AuthUserFile [path]/abipo.com/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile [path]/abipo.com/.htgroup
AuthName "Site Studio"
AuthType Basic
deny from all

Should I need to be dipping into this file from a standard install of the theme?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:37 AM
brianwilson71

15 posts · Jan 2011
... and yes, it is installed in a '/blog/' subfolder from the root as I want to keep the website and the blog separate... but I thought that would have been pretty standard stuff?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:39 AM
brianwilson71

15 posts · Jan 2011
Just reverted to twenty ten theme and have the same problem with the 'search' functionality... looks like its some sort of problem with the wordpress install and not the theme...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what are your permalinsk set to? (dashboard->settings->permalinks)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:55 AM
brianwilson71

15 posts · Jan 2011
Set to default. I did modify them but set them back to default before posting the problem here. You got me thinking. I think its something to do with Wordpress not redirecting to the /blog/ folder. Still stuck tho
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:07 AM
brianwilson71

15 posts · Jan 2011
Got it!

In General Settings I had set:

WordPress Address (URL) to www.abipo.com/blog

and

Site Address (URL) to www.abipo.com

Seemed logical to me. For some reason they both should be set to www.abipo.com/blog and then it works!!

Man!