Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

different styling for images (with caption) with and without link?

Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hawkgirl

3 posts · Jan 2010
Would it be possible to style images differently if they contain links or are unlinked? Especially would it be possible to style the whole box containing images and the image caption differently depending on of the image contains a link or not? It would be great if someone had an idea how to make this possible for images with and without a caption.

(I know it is possible for images themselves, but since the div surrounding the caption is no different whether the image contains a link or not it's probably not that simple ... or am I missing something?)
Old Jan 7, 2010, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It all depends on how the image gets into a post. Do you hand code it, did you use the WP media options, are you using a plugin like NextGen. They are not standard.

The best thing to do is look at a page with one of your images and then look at teh sourge of the page. Next locate the image and see if there is anything you can use in the CSS Selector to uniquiely identify the types of images.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:20 PM
Hawkgirl

3 posts · Jan 2010
I'm lazy. so I use the WP media options, no further plugin. I don't think I've seen anything that would distinguish the div of a normal image with caption from the div of an image with link and caption. I guess I'm out of luck here, eh?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 06:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Nope me either, but you could always add a <div id="xxx">....</div> around it
Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Another way is after you have inserted the image click on the image and you will see two little icons appear on the image. One is to edit the image and the other is to delete the image. Click on the one to edit and then click the Advanced tab. There is a field there titled "CSS Class". You can just add another class name right there. You may have to add !important to the CSS code. For instance I put uclass in the CSS Class box and then used the following to add a 10 px black border to an image.
HTML Code:
.uclass {
border: 10px solid black !important
}
Old Jan 9, 2010, 02:47 AM
Hawkgirl

3 posts · Jan 2010
Yep, that would be one way to go. A little inconvenient, but only a little. I can live with that for now.

Better would be, if there was an automatic way to do things like that, so that it would be possible to make links always easily detectable for the reader.