Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Pages Order in Sidebar

Old May 29, 2009, 11:18 AM
gradlebum

22 posts · May 2009
Hello,

To begin, I am not a fluent techie, so your answers need to be clear to the uninformed

First Question - I am creating static pages for my website and I want the pages listed in a certain order, In the menu bar at the top they are in the correct order, but in the sidebar under Pages, they are not in the correct order. How do I make the titles under pages in the order I want them to be?

Second Question - I want to create pages for contact, disclaimer, legal copy, etc. at the bottom of the page, so that if someone clicks on these, they will be taken to that particular page. How do I do this?

Thanks for any and all hellp you all can give me.

Gradlebum
Old May 29, 2009, 12:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First Question - I am creating static pages...
First answer: the Pages Widget is a standard widget and not part of Atahualpa but it works with it. If you edit your pages, one of the items (on the right hand side under 'Attributes') is the field 'Order'. You can set your page order here (suggestion, instead of using 1, 2, 3, 4... use 10, 20, 30, etc in case there is a page that goes inbetween someday - like page 21)

Next go to the dashboard->Appearance->Widgets and edit the 'Pages' widget. There you will find a 'Sort by' which you can set to 'Page Order'.

So you can have two sort orders, the menu bar order (in ATH->Page Menu Bar->Sorting order of Page Menu Bar and the 'Pages' widget sort order

Second Question - I want to create pages for contact...
Second answer: you can do this by putting your links at ATH->Footer->Footer: Content
Old May 29, 2009, 12:50 PM
gradlebum

22 posts · May 2009
Thank you Juggledad

Let me tell you, your name certainly describes my life right now - a juggling dad.

Anyhow, your first question answer worked like a charm.

I need some clarification for your second answer. How do I put my links at ATH>Footer->Footer: Content? If you could, talk to me like a don't get any of this (even though I get a lot of it)

Gradlebum
Old May 29, 2009, 03:07 PM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Actually the best way using Atahualpa to get pages linked in the footer is to get the ID of the page, then in Atahualpa Theme Options -> Footer in Footer:Content, put %page-xx% (xx=the ID of your page)

-Bill