Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Inline Comments - I have code, but the comments aren't displaying

Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:28 PM
thekaitlin

1 posts · Jul 2009
In a previous theme, I used the following code to get my comments to display below each post

Code:
<?php  
	$comment_array = array_reverse(get_approved_comments($wp_query->post->ID));  
    $count = 1;  
	?>  

<?php if ($comment_array) {  ?>  

<div id="main-page-comment-<?php the_id(); ?>" class="main-page-comment">  
		<ul class="commentlist">  
			<?php foreach($comment_array as $comment){ ?>  
				<li><span class="comment-author"><?php comment_author_link(); ?></span>: <?php comment_text(); ?> </li>  
			<?php } ?>  
		</ul>  

<?php } else { ?> <!-- if there was no comment in that post,yet -->  

<div id="main-page-comment-<?php the_id(); ?>" class="main-page-comment">No comments so far  

<?php } ?>  

</div>  
</div>   
<!-- end recent comment-->  <div class="clear"></div>
Using this with Atahualpa, however, results in all posts showing no comments for this. Any ideas on how I can/should modify either this code or the theme in order to get the actual comments to show up for the main blog page?

I checked out this post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2423

Which results in the ENTIRE comments template showing up, which is not what I want.