Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to change header image depending on language (using qTranslate) ?

Old Dec 27, 2010, 04:26 AM
marsyg

8 posts · Dec 2010
Hi!

How can I have different headers for different languages?

What file do I need to modify and what code do I have to put in/change?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What version of qTranslate
What is your url?

Do you know if qTranslate adds anything to the <body> statement?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:00 AM
marsyg

8 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What version of qTranslate
What is your url?

Do you know if qTranslate adds anything to the <body> statement?
Hi!

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.9 and Wordpress 3.0.3

The url is www[x]jordgubbar[x]org

No idea if qTranslate adds anything to the body, couldn't find anything atleast.

Thanks!

Last edited by marsyg; Dec 27, 2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well I just took a look at the pages and nothing is added. The only way to handle something like this would be to dig into the code and test for the language and then alter the theme code. You could possibly add a new folder 'images/header/language1' and then in bfa_rotating_header_images.php test for the language and then change the image path
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:07 AM
marsyg

8 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Well I just took a look at the pages and nothing is added. The only way to handle something like this would be to dig into the code and test for the language and then alter the theme code. You could possibly add a new folder 'images/header/language1' and then in bfa_rotating_header_images.php test for the language and then change the image path
I'm not quite sure what you mean with "test for the language"

I assume I have to paste in some code that decides which imagepath it would use depending on the language (PL/SV)

I can't write the code myself and have really no clue where to paste it. Any tips on how I should proceed?

I'll donate if you can help me with this!

Regards
Old Dec 27, 2010, 08:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this is something I'd have to charge to look at. You would have to look thru the qTranslate code to see how you could tell what language is current. Then using that info you would have to modify the theme code to pick the image or image folder to use, based on the language being used. My quick guess is that this would take a couple hours to research and then code and test so it's beyond the scope of the forum.

You could try putting an AD in the 'Customization, Design, Programming...' forum and see if you could hire someone to do this for you.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 27, 2010 at 09:02 AM.