Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Page Menu and Blog Title Center

Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:17 AM
lacrawfo

3 posts · Oct 2012
Hello everyone!

So, I'm working on this site: http://institut.web.unc.edu/ and currently am using this CSS to eliminate sidebars but still create the sidebar space

div#wrapper {
width: 50%;
}

h1.blogtitle, h2.blogtitle {
width: auto;
}

However, once I did that, it made the page menu and blog title go wonky. I have both regions as text-align: center; in the Atahualpa theme options...but it still doesn't look centered.
Any suggestions?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want a blank sidebar, just add a text widget to it and put ' ' in the text section. That will create a blank and you shouldn't have the problems you have now.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:50 AM
vcuongpx1

1 posts · Oct 2012
I have both regions as text-align: center; in the Atahualpa theme options...but it still doesn't look centered.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it doesn't look right because the text is so long it has to wrap and the wrapping does not happen 'centered' (a CSS thing)

What are you trying to accomplish? are you looking to have a space on both sides of the content? If so go to ato->Style & configure LAYOUT set a % for the LAYOUT width and put in a minimum and maximum width.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:20 AM
lacrawfo

3 posts · Oct 2012
Thank you so much.

Editing the LAYOUT options worked well and gave me a side region that satisfies what I need while being able to eliminate the CSS code.

The only issue now is still the fact that I'm unable on here http://institut.web.unc.edu/ to move the blog title and tag line so that they are directly above the image in the center.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Have you taken a look at it with the firebug extension of Firefox?