Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

keep footer so far down the page

Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
keep footer so far down the page

I wonder if there's anyway to keep the footer no closer than 660px from the top of every page.
Atahualpa 3.7.3
WordPress 3.3
http://www.rightcoastpizza.com

I tried adding a height to body.home but that didn't work:

Code:
body.home{
height: 660px !important;
}
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I think you would have to do this with a jscript. calculate the size of the heaer and middle, if it is less than 660px increas that till it is 660 and then do a document write to display it at the new position.

It would be kind of like the jscript code that is used to stick the footer at teh bottom of the page.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:50 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
If you only have a few pages, fastest way is to insert a few line breaks on the pages. Wordpress wont force a line break if there is no text, so I normally insert a "." on about 6 lines, colour the text same colour as the page, then you force the footer to the bottom, as deep as you want.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could also use the sticky footer function in the theme options.