Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

A little bit about me, Flynn ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 10, 2009, 08:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
A little bit about me, Flynn ...

I am 38 yrs old, living with my wife and daughter (and 2 cats) in Germany.

Since nearly 10 years I am working as a self employed web developer and entrepreneur, with varying success, ranging from extremely good to not so good. Until about two years ago I was mainly managing my own traffic projects with search engine optimization techniques. In pre-Google days I also started a SEO company with two other guys, and we developed a SEO software.

Since more than a year I am all about WordPress. I worked a bit with Joomla, Drupal and CMS Made Simple, and also tried out TYPO3 and Website Baker. They all have their pros and cons but WordPress has the momentum plus it allows for quick straight PHP programming. And for end-users it is the easiest CMS around.

Since I started with WordPress I've put well over 1500 hours (and counting) into the development of about a dozen themes (Atahualpa got the biggest share) of which around 8 or so are published and a few are not, plus a few widgets. Many users probably think I am doing this on the side, after a 9-5 job, but that's hardly possible.

Donations are important. I get donations on a regular basis. Thank you very much for this. It's not like I can make a living off of donations alone. But without them I'd be in trouble. (I already put a ton of time into all this before I even started with donations so I am still at a loss).

I am working on a Pay theme (GPL with no strings attached) that I hope to release before Summer 2009. I just need to get over the fact that the first release won't be perfect. It'll have to be, and will be, substantially better than Atahualpa though. So start putting some money on the side now

(And existing donors will definitely get a good deal for the new theme. Donations really pay off around here, and won't be forgotten, so please check out the "Donate" button above.)