Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Oh no! I've lost my foot!

Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I'm putting this here instead of the footer area so more people will see it. I have a feeling this could affect other people who try to modify the theme's files instead of just using the theme options.

I just looked at the bottom of my front page, and the footer is gone! The source code shows this as the last bit on the page:
Code:
<!-- Footer -->
		<td id="footer" colspan="3">	
<center>
That's it. Nothing after the center tag, yet the page displays fine except for the copyright and powered-by text.

I must have somehow ruined this while modifying index.php or bfa_header, at some point. I can't easily find out what I did. Flynn, does the missing part give you a clue as to where I should look? I suppose I could just overwrite the modified files with the clean originials, but I would really like to know what I did wrong.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:31 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You should have

PHP Code:
<?php get_footer(); ?>
as the very last thing in index.php
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:05 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Thanks, but no! That was fine.

I went and looked at footer.php. I found this:

Code:
<!-- Footer -->
		<td id="footer" colspan="<?php echo $cols; ?>">	
<center><?php echo adrotate_banner('1'); ?></center>
		<p>
		<?php echo bfa_footer($bfa_ata_footer_style_content); ?>
		</p>
		<?php if ($bfa_ata_footer_show_queries == "Yes - visible") { ?>
		<p>
		<?php echo $wpdb->num_queries; ?><?php _e(' queries. ','atahualpa'); ?><?php timer_stop(1); ?><?php _e(' seconds.','atahualpa'); ?>
I compared the file to the original footer.php, and that's not there, of course. Wow. I had installed adrotate, a plugin, and I guess I was told to put that code in footer.php. I had deactivated the plugin a while back, but of course didn't remember to change footer.php back. Whew! All is well now.