Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Sidebar Width In Percent?

Old Jul 16, 2009, 01:54 AM
bcwhite

1 posts · Jul 2009
Why is it not possible to set the sidebar sizes in percentage? Currently it only accepts units of "pixels".

-- Brian
Old Jul 16, 2009, 01:13 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can try adding it with a CSS insert

col.colone {
width: 20%;
}
col.coltwo {
width: 60%;
}
col.colthree {
width: 20%;
}
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:17 AM
Jazoja

35 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks, this worked for me for Atahualpa. But now it caused an other error.
I use ata together with bytesforall. When I changed font size in bfa, the two sidebars increased together with the font size, while the center column shrinked. Now, the three areas holds their 20-60-20 percent size, but increasing the font size causes the page to grow over the screen (or browser window).

To see the error, visit my homepage: www.iszkaszentgyorgy.hu (FF 3.6/IE 8/Opera 10.60)
On the left side, click on "Vakbarát" (under "Kinézet"). (It is a modified BFA theme)
Now choose a different font size. (the default state can be restored by deleting cookie or going back with browser to the other theme)
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:37 AM
Jazoja

35 posts · Jun 2010
Sorry, I use WP-chgFontSize, and selecting to change font size in pixels (rather than percent or em) solved the problem.