Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Revolution Slider/Atahualpa don't like eachother....

Old May 24, 2013, 04:55 AM
roxyp

10 posts · Jan 2011
Unhappy [SOLVED] Revolution Slider/Atahualpa don't like eachother....

Hi there.
I have just installed the revolution slider plugin and it's just showing a grey box instead of an image slider.
When I checked their support forum it came up with this answer below. I've tried the [raw] suggestion, but that doesn't work. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this error.
Thanks!

“The Revolution Slider is not showing up. Instead I only see a grey box. What is happening?”
The theme you are using is breaking the Revolution Slider plugin and wil break certain other plugins too. This is a very well known bug in the WordPress theme community and should be gone by now. Please contact your Theme Author who should fix his theme with this article about his bug: http://pippinsplugins.com/never-remo...ers-in-themes/ If the theme author does fix his theme a quick workaround would be to use the [raw] shortcode wrapped around our revslider shortcode. Example: [raw][revslider yourbanner][/raw]
Old May 24, 2013, 05:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am using the Revolution slider with Atahualpa with no problems using the widget in a "New Widget Area"

How are you adding the slider?
What version of PHP are you running?
What version of Atahualpa?
What version of WordPress?
Have you tried deactivating all other plugins as a test?

Those would be the things I would be checking.

Last edited by lmilesw; May 24, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old May 24, 2013, 05:01 PM
roxyp

10 posts · Jan 2011
Hi!

How are you adding the slider? Tried adding to a page with the shortcode [rev_slider homeslider] and also tried adding it to a widget area....still just a grey box.

What version of PHP are you running? 5.2.17

What version of Atahualpa? 3.7.12

What version of WordPress? 3.5.1

Have you tried deactivating all other plugins as a test? Yep, deactivated all plugins, still same problem

You can have a look at it here: www.rockodesigns.com/littleshoppers

Thanks for helping me!
Old May 24, 2013, 06:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The only difference I see is that I am using 5.3 which means you may need to either move to 5.3 or perhaps turn Magic Quotes off. Magic Quotes is off by default for PHP 5.3 which is why I just move to that. I have had several small issues that were resolved by moving from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3.
Old May 24, 2013, 08:45 PM
roxyp

10 posts · Jan 2011
Just switched themes to Twenty Twelve, and it works.
So that would mean it's something to do with Atahualpa right?
Old May 24, 2013, 09:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
As I said I have used it with Atahualpa successfully.