Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Header image overlay color not displaying

Old May 22, 2011, 12:00 PM
xtremetoonz

5 posts · Aug 2010
I just "upgraded" from 3.5.3 to 3.6.7 but I had to manually install 3.6.7 and then just activated the new theme. Of course I had to move files to get the new theme to display as my old one was. Fortunately not too much custom code.

One thing I've noticed, besides the fact I have to re-assign my menus in the menu settings page, is that the header images no longer show the overlay I've set on the left/right hand side. See http://continuekimsfight.com for example. As the page loads, you see it flash up, then goes away. Is this a known issue? Maybe a settings change?

Last edited by lmilesw; May 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not certain this is the cause but do you have all the 3.6.7 bug fixes applied?
Old May 22, 2011, 01:29 PM
xtremetoonz

5 posts · Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I am not certain this is the cause but do you have all the 3.6.7 bug fixes applied?
I applied a css.php patch for compression issues but that's it. Is there a .zip file with the collective bug fixes or do I have to search through and find them?
Old May 22, 2011, 01:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
each BUGFIX has a zip file for what it fixes
Old May 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are using Fade IN/OUT and it does not respect the header area.

The fade in/out issue is in all releases since it was added. The code that handles it was taken from the net and works...mostly but it has some issues, like if you have the blog title overlay the header image, the fade in/out code pays o attention and overlays the title. It also doesn't pay attention to position, so the image can seem to jump at first.

The author of the code admits the problems but is no longer maintaining it, so if you use it, you have to make due with the issues.
Old May 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
xtremetoonz

5 posts · Aug 2010
I disabled the fade in/fade out and the overlay is showing up again. Thank you!