Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Hide posts footer on homepage

Old Oct 5, 2009, 02:52 PM
dextor

19 posts · Sep 2009
Hi there,

I have a problem with customization of my atahualpa 3.4.1 theme installation.

I want the posts footer to be displayed always, except for the home page. On the blog
homepage the most recent posts are shown, no static page is used.

First thing I did was to remove the code from Edit Post/Page Info ITems -> FOOTER Homepage.
Now it is empty, but still the footer information is displayed on the homepage.

Then I went to Style & Edit CENTER COLUMN. There I replaced the corresponding line with
the following code:

<?php
if ( !is_front_page() ) {
bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>');
}
?>

However, the footer does always show up, also if I replace !is_front_page with !is_home.
I did also edit the file bfa_post_parts.php with the corresponding modifications, but none of
them is working. The conditionals somewhat work if I insert wp_reset_query(); before the
is_home() statement, but the posts query is totally messed up...

Does anybody have clue, what might be going wrong here???

Regards

dextor
Old Oct 5, 2009, 03:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First I would suggest updating to 3.4.4 or at least 3.4.3

In 3.4.4, I just removed the settings in 'FOOTER: Homepage' and the footer is now gone from the posts on the homepage but are there on the other pages
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:53 AM
flaneur

10 posts · Oct 2009
Bloomington, IN, USA
After searching the forum, this thread is the closest to what I am trying to do.

I am only showing one post on the front page, but up to ten posts in archives on the rest of the blog, using the recommended code (in "Content above the loop"):

Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) {
query_posts($query_string . 'showposts=1');
} ?>
The problem is... the "Older Entries" link below the front page post no longer works. One click reloads the same post, and a second click leads to a 404 Not Found. I think it has something to do with WP not recognizing it as a single post page, but rather a collection of posts that has been restricted to 1.

I would like to solve the problem by removing the "Older Entries" link on just the front page, but am not certain how to do it.

The site is www.lafleurphoto.com . Any ideas?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:19 PM
flaneur

10 posts · Oct 2009
Bloomington, IN, USA
Just FYI, the code I listed in the blockquote is from http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2992 . I'm using Atahualpa version 3.4.4 on WordPress version 2.8.4.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 08:17 AM
flaneur

10 posts · Oct 2009
Bloomington, IN, USA
I just found http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2702 . Apparently this issue is old, exhausted, and unresolved. Please disregard my request, I will find an acceptable workaround to the problem.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:34 AM
dextor

19 posts · Sep 2009
FYI: I solved this problem now by upgrading to atahualpa 3.4.4 as juggledad suggested.

Keep up the good work!!!