Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Center align dynamic widgets in full width header

Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:03 PM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
[SOLVED] Center align dynamic widgets in full width header

Howdy!

Having trouble figuring out how to center align the widgets in a dynamic widget area I've added to the header here: http://www.picounionproject.org (the widget is the social media icons.)

I've tried adding div style="align: center;" to the configure header area around where I call the widget which doesn't seem to be working.

Any code or setting I'm missing to center align these widgets (and keep them contained to the 964px width I have established for the main content area below?

Thanks so much!

Rick
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
So this is going to be a lesson in debugging. Open FireFox and make sure you have the Developer Tools working (Google them and install them if you don't have them.

Next open the site and click the Tools->Web Developer->Inspector
Now find the social icons and find it's parent element and let me know what it is.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 02:04 PM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. Here's a screenshot of the code containing the Social Media icons widget.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9w36a5lyo...03.15.png?dl=0
Old Mar 16, 2018, 02:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Now if you keeo clicking on the parent elements, what do you notice about the social icons at that point?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 02:26 PM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
I'm trying to get the entire widget area (which contains all of the social icons in one widget) to be centered, and contained within a specific width)
Old Mar 16, 2018, 02:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I know what you are trying to do and I think I know what you did. I could tell you or teach you how to figure it out...so go back to the site and use the inspector and locate the social icons and then in the html, click on the <td..> element that is severan pparent elements above them. Now what do you notice?