Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Gap between Sidebar & Column

Old Oct 9, 2009, 03:13 AM
dogfishman

3 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

I am trying to have a gap between the left sidebar and the central column as both of these have a different colour background to the actual page colour, does anyone know if this is possible?

You can view the work so far here >> http://www.dogfishmen-blog.co.uk/ I just need some red spacing between the two things.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stewart
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Play with the padding of the center column (ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style)
Use 'padding-left: 15px;' for example
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:45 AM
dogfishman

3 posts · Oct 2009
Hi, many thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I have tried this and also tried to do padding-right 15px; for the left sidebar, but for some reason it won't go.

Adding padding seems to extend the background rather than put in a gap.

Frustrating... has anyone got any other ideas?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 06:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Actually what padding does is set an transparent area that the background can be seen thru, but now I see what you want.
Add a left inner sidebar with nothing in it but give it a width you want and set the background to transparent. that should do the trick
Old Oct 9, 2009, 06:31 AM
dogfishman

3 posts · Oct 2009
Jackpot, thank you very much. I had tried that and couldn't get it to work, then I noticed 'LEFT INNER sidebar: Display on:' buttons were all unticked.

Many thanks, have a great weekend.