Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Excerpts - Where is fix for 3.4.9?

Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:07 AM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Hello, I've search and searched this forum but I'm not finding the correct answer. I see the Excerpts selection isn't working correctly, seems to be a common problem.

When I switch the settings to show excerpts only, then 4 below that for the amount of post to show in full before going to excerpts it doesn't work. It’s either all excerpts or all full post.

I have vs 3.4.9 and I’m not finding the fix anywhere. I've found a few threads that link back to solved thread but the vs for those do not included 3.4.9. Should I just try those anyway? Can you lead me into the correct direction.

I appreciate your time and help! Thank you

i don’t know if you need my site address or not so please forgive if you don't. livingthedomesticlife.com
using wordpress 3.0.1
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
which fix are you talking about? please point to the thread
Old Oct 20, 2010, 01:30 PM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Here is the link I keep coming back to.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7316

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 01:59 PM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you.

Where do I go to make this change. How do I access that file. Would it be through the domaine manager/hosting sites files?

Thank you
Old Oct 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You could also use the theme editor

Just to let you know, if I find a bug, I create a fix for the current release. This is to encourage people to upgrade. While I know some people want to stay at the release they are on, that's fine by me, but you shouldn't expect a fix for an older release.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:19 AM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for the information. Is upgrading to the latest easy? Do I need to worry about lossing my content? Clearing I'm not very tech savvy but upgrading to the latest version would be ideal.

Again thank you for your help!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
take a look at the FAQ in the 'New Versions' forum. there is a post on updating.