Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] How to designate a particular background image for all posts in a certain ca

Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:02 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
[SOLVED] How to designate a particular background image for all posts in a certain ca

Has Atahualpa developed any way to to designate a particular background image for all posts in a certain category using CSS, since this old thread was posted? :

http://173.199.154.86/showthread.php?t=7523

The following CSS works to place a background image on the category page for a certain category, but not for the background of all posts in that category:

Code:
body.category-6 {
background-image: url("......");
}
Is there any way to designate a particular background image for all posts in a given category?

I am using Atahualpa 3.7.12, with Wordpress 3.5.2.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I can't think of a way without, editing the theme code or using a plugin that would add the category name as a class, to the div that surrounds the post.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:25 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you Juggledad. Any suggestions of good and light plugins to do that?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Never had a need to search for one.let us know if you find one.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not sure how "light" it is but after seeing your request I decided to look at a few and this plugin is currently on the top of my list for features. I have not tested extensively though.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:09 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you, Larry. I will see about trying the Background Manager plugin. I note that PHP 5.3 or better is required for the plugin, so will have to check with my host first. The plugin looks good. Hope it works!

Many thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2013, 04:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, I don't know where my head was yesterday, must be exaustion from working with the kids at VBS at church. sigh...

This is quite easy and done with no plugins. Just add to the CSS inserts
HTML Code:
div.post.category-xxxxxxxx {background: options;}
for example, say you have the category 'recipies' and want the backgroound color to be blue you would use
HTML Code:
div.post.category-recipies {background-color: blue;}
and the background will be blue.
for an image you could use
HTML Code:
div.post.category-recipies {background-image: url('http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/yourimage.jpg');}
you can also use the 'background' declarative to set multiple properties in one statement

remember that a post can be in multiple categories, so if you set this up for multiple categories you may not get the result you expect...

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 11, 2013 at 04:31 AM.