Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Line breaks and page layouts

Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:38 PM
mattfield

1 posts · Apr 2010
Firstly let me say a big thank you for this fantastic theme, this is my first proper attempt at any web design and it is proving easier than I thought it would be, largely due to the Atahualpa theme.

This forum has proved very helpful too and I have resisted posting any queries til now as the answers can generally be found with a quick search, but now I have a problem that I think should be easy to solve but couldn't find the answers here (probably because most people could do it with their eyes closed).

I want to have pages with thumbnail images on the left and corresponding text to the right of each image, but i cant get the alignment to work. My attempts are here and here I have tried using line breaks to move things down but nothing seems to happen.

Any help much appreciated!

Matt
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You might want to try setting the width to a fixed of about 945px. Then you can add some more text, put some paragraph breaks, or make the picture smaller. The problem is that the picture is set to float left so it will keep floating left. You could also try wrapping the second image and text in a div like the following.
HTML Code:
<div style="clear:both;">image and text goes here</div>
after the first paragraph.