Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Help! I can't use my own image in the header and I'm about to give up!!

Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:49 AM
spookyq

2 posts · Jul 2009
I am VERY new to this, and I have never built a website so this is all very new to me. I would like to insert my own image into the header, and I understand that I need to go to /wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/images/header/ but I don't know where the heck that is!

My website is www.spookyqs.com. I tried going to http://www.spookyqs.com/wordpress/wp...images/header/ and I got nothing.

How do I get into the files?

Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:56 AM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
You need to have FTP access to the images directory. You don't use a browser to get there, but a an 'FTP program' like "WS_FTP" of "Cute FTP".

Start the FTP program, provide the location (that honkin' long pathname) your login and password, then copy the file you want to that directory.

You will also have to remove the default images that were loaded into the directory when you installed the theme, or the theme will cycle through all of the images in the directory.

I hope this helps.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:03 AM
spookyq

2 posts · Jul 2009
This is going to sound awful but I don't think I have an FTP program? How do i get one? Or is there something already on my computer that I don't know about. I am using a macbook..

thanks for your patience, I'm a fast learner, honest!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:14 AM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
I suggest this FTP program for the Mac. (FTP means File Transfer Protocol, by the way).

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...ftpformac.html

It's just like the "file mover" from Apple, circa 1985, but it copies files from a computer and website and back.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:16 AM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
fireftp

if you use firefox, fireftp addon works great
Old Jul 16, 2009, 04:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Another free option is Filezilla

In either case you'll need these 3 bits of into, which you will put into the appropriate fields in the FTP software:

FTP "host name" or "address": Should be ftp.yourdomain.com, yourdomain.com or ftp.hostsdomain.com
FTP user name
FTP password

Either the web host gave you this info, or you can create/look it up in your web hosting control panel. The FTP user name and password does not need to be the same as for the web hosting control panel, but can
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:02 PM
clarissaexplainsitall

1 posts · Jul 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks to everyone who responded to spookyq's post, I was wondering the same thing a few days ago and couldn't find any previous posts that spelled out the process as clearly as this thread does.