Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Missing photos in Category???

Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:26 PM
rottwlrmom

15 posts · Apr 2010
I've really screwed up now! I have NO idea how I did this.

My photos show up just fine on my home page:

http://bit.ly/c2wA28

But when you click in the category... where I really want people to shop... No photos! (huh???) How is this even possible? if it shows up in the home page post... where do they go for the category??? You can't even click on the photo!

Is this something I'm doing wrong on upload? or a setting I've messed up??

Category page:
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:30 PM
rottwlrmom

15 posts · Apr 2010
It seems the beggining of the src location was disappearing... but WHY??? I hadn't edited those items in days....
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure this file is really in the directory. I'm getting a not found
atahualpa/images/HFlogo.gif
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:47 AM
Onlinebear

3 posts · Apr 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
It sounds like I'm having the same trouble as rottwlrmom. I'm currently using a different theme, but want to move to Atahualpa 3.4.1 and this issue showed up in testing. Any ideas are appreciated.

At URL: http://atlantawoodturnersguild.org/wp/

If I choose the Catagory "Show and Tell" I go to http://atlantawoodturnersguild.org/w...show and tell/ (The testing was done with Atahualpa activated. The Show and Tell catagory and page were also published during testing.)

and get the following error message with no pictures

#gallery-1 {
margin: auto;
}
#gallery-1 .gallery-item [...]

(I also found all of the individual picture files in the gallary in /wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/04... )

Last edited by Onlinebear; Apr 13, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Onlinebear
1) don't go to 3.4.1, use 3.4.6 instead
2) We can try to help you when you swap to Atahualpa but you need to ask the developer of your current theme what might be happening
Old Apr 15, 2010, 09:14 AM
Onlinebear

3 posts · Apr 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
I took these steps:
1. I verified the post was working in Mistylook
2. I upgraded to 3.4.6, then activated Atahualpa.
3. And still got the same error message. So had to revert back to Mistylook, where the post was working again.

The only thing I can think of is that Mistylook and Atahualpa look in different places for the media when going to the individual post in a category. Any thoughts?

I appreciate the assist!

Dave
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
where did you see the error message? did
HTML Code:
#gallery-1 {
}
display on the page?

with the mistylook theme, I don't see any images when viewing the category page. and without the Atahualpa theme active, I can't begin to guess what might be happening.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:11 PM
Onlinebear

3 posts · Apr 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
The initial post is on the Home page and is in the "Show and Tell" category.: Guild Talent at March Meeting

The Home page post appears fine. If I select the Catagory "Show and Tell" I get the following error message with no pictures

#gallery-1 {
}

(The individual picture files in the gallary are in /wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/04... )
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That's not an errror message, that CSS. Why are you embedding CSS into the post? it shouldn't be there
What is happening is when you click on the category, you are seeing the excerpts (I'll bet ato->Configure EXCERPTS->Posts or excerpts on CATEGORY pages?
is set to 'only excerpts') and the default for excerpts is to remove all HTML. since you have
HTML Code:
		<style type='text/css'>
			#gallery-1 {
			}
			#gallery-1 .gallery-item {
				float: left;
				margin-top: 10px;
				text-align: center;
				width: 33%;			}
			#gallery-1 img {
				border: 2px solid #cfcfcf;
			}
			#gallery-1 .gallery-caption {
				margin-left: 0;
			}
		</style>
(an embeded style sheet) the HTML that is removed is the <style type='text/css'> and the </style> so the rest is treated as text in the post and is displayed as.

So this is not an error, it is doing just what you told it to do, unfortunately it's not doing what you want it to do....

I'd put the style in the 'HTML Inserts: Header'