Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Showing Logo Next To Page Menu Navigation?

Old May 14, 2009, 04:32 AM
mannitol

6 posts · Feb 2009
UK
I think I am making a mountain out of a molehill for this one! I have changed my page menu navigation so the links go under each other instead of next to each other (I change rMenu ver to rMenu hor anywhere I could in header.php) - but would like to display a logo/image next to it.

How would I go about doing this? Is there anyway I can align the menu next to the logo section (of course, the logo section will need to be decreased in size, and the rss icon removed) - or simply add a table before the rMenu table?

Thanks for any advice

Last edited by mannitol; May 15, 2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old May 14, 2009, 01:11 PM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
See if this thread will help you:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=644
Old May 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
mannitol

6 posts · Feb 2009
UK
Hi,

Thanks for the link - I looked at it yesterday, however (unless my limited php knowledge is failing me) a background image might not be the solution as the links will remain where they are with the logo under them, as opposed to next to them?
Old May 14, 2009, 05:59 PM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
What you need to adjust is the CSS padding.

What this does is put an image in your anchor link. You then use padding settings to move your text to the (left, right, top or bottom) of your image.

in my site that is :
ul.rMenu li.page-item-659 a:active { /* the anchor link to add the graphic */
padding-left: 20px !important; /* giving the graphic 20 pixels of space and making sure the css is used */
background: url(/ophthweb/wordpress/images/uw-icon-gld-blk.gif) no-repeat scroll bottom left !important; /* the image, set to not repeat and be in the bottom left of the anchor box */

Best of luck!
Old May 15, 2009, 01:00 AM
mannitol

6 posts · Feb 2009
UK
Ahh wonderful, thank you very much I will give it a go!

ps: I meant css, not php - I think I spent too long job hunting!!
Old May 15, 2009, 03:40 AM
mannitol

6 posts · Feb 2009
UK
Problem solved :D

Code:
ul.rMenu {
background-image: url(/path/here.gif) !important;
background-position: bottom-left !important;
background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
padding-left: 335px !important;
}
Thank you so much
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:43 AM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
yet again, this forum saves my butt. thank-you!