Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Disable icon amimation

Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:36 PM
SkiFreak

5 posts · Sep 2013
I did a bit of a search but did not find an answer to this question...
I want to maintain the change of colour of the icon when an item is hovered over but I would like to remove the sliding animation.
Personally, I find this a little distracting, like most animation effects.
Is there a simple way to do this?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you use a code examiner like FireBug in FireFox to see what ws happening?
it took about 1 minute to examine a menu item, check the styling on hover, find the CSS, shut it off to test and know the answer.

I'll give you a hint, there is a 'transition' CSS rule that is causing the effect. Now you can look thru the virtual CSS files to see if you can find it.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 23, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 06:05 AM
SkiFreak

5 posts · Sep 2013
I have just started playing with this theme and as anyone using it would understand, it is in no way simplistic.
Your assumption is that everyone knows how to debug code and determine what is going on and why it is going on. You obviously determined how to resolve this problem and I am a little perplexed as to why you would keep that to yourself. Is that the type of support I should expect if I choose to go with this theme?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 07:57 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFreak
Is that the type of support I should expect if I choose to go with this theme?
Bear in mind, all the members of this forum are volunteers. There's an attitude, which many of the active members support, of encouraging users to learn more, teach a man to code, rather than give him code. In the end, if you can't figure something out, somebody will lead you to the answer. Of course, if you want to hire somebody to give you the answer right away, that option is available, too, with some members (not me, though).

You'll be much more empowered with this or any other WP theme if you know a little. Read this forum and learn.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:35 AM
SkiFreak

5 posts · Sep 2013
I am a member of numerous forums and have also been a moderator, so I understand where you are coming from.
That said, I don't know if saying "I found it, see if you can" is the best way forward.
Maybe that is how it is here, but that's not the way I normally respond to users with issues.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 09:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
My intention was to give you guidance so you can
1) learn more about the theme options
2) learn more about CSS
3) point you to a way you can figure it out

I do not know where anyone sits in there learning curve with CSS, HTML, PHP or the theme. Many people thank me for making them find the solution, others want it handed to the on a platter. But since I'm volunteering my time, I do have a choice in how I help people. People that have donated and continue to donate get a much bigger allotment of my time and more detailed solutions if they ask for it, but even those people I push towards learning how to solve their own problems. After all, I'm not going to be here forever.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:12 PM
SkiFreak

5 posts · Sep 2013
We all have the right to decide how we allocate our time.
When I looked around this forum I found solutions had been given to problems that people had asked. When I asked for a solution, I got a "hint".
Just saying.......

It seems pointless to continue this line of commenting, so I will mark the post as resolved, even though it really wasn't.

Last edited by SkiFreak; Sep 22, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you looked around the forums you would have seen lots of problems that 'hints' were given to lead people to the solutions on their own and that they were grateful. It actually takes me more time to help a person solve their problem than to give the solution to them.

So, let me ask you a question: did you even try to follow up on the 'hint'?

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 23, 2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 05:20 AM
SkiFreak

5 posts · Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
So, let me ask you a question: did you even try to follow up on the 'hint'?
Yes I did, and yes, I figured it out.

The problem is that trying to learn my way around this theme made me realize that it is way too convoluted for easy debugging and customization.
Inspecting elements points to a CSS file that is generated by code, so finding where specific lines of CSS actually exist is quite time consuming.

You obviously have a good grasp of this theme and how it functions; kudos to you. Me... not so much.
I've moved on... so thanks for helping me make that decision.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 06:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, since you figured it out, why don't you share you solution for others?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:51 AM
cwikdahl

19 posts · Jun 2010
I'm also trying to do this but I can't find out how... The only "transition" I find is in the 10-content.css file in the admin/default-templates/css folder, and commenting that out doesn't do anything.

More hints?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 02:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Look in the theme option CSS files
Old Oct 9, 2015, 04:51 AM
cwikdahl

19 posts · Jun 2010
Oh, search in the web browser didn't look through all of the virtual file... Found it in content.css and fixed everything but the home icon in the breadcrumbs which I can't figure out?