Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Blocked Out Of My Site

Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:24 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Blocked Out Of My Site

Hi, I just joined BFA. I'm having a major issue...I can no longer manage or see my blog after trying to hard code a widget into the bfa_header_config.php. I'm using Atahualpa.

I was trying to add a widget to the header area - I added the minimum code (<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>) somewhere in the bfa_header_config.php.

I tried to get help from my Service provider (Rogers Yahoo) because I access and manage my WP blog through them. This is part of the message the support sent me.

"We did review the scripts.log files located the /logs folder of your
account to see what the issue was. In the scripts.log file we found the
following error:

parse error, unexpected '<' in
/blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php

It appears there is an error with the files for a theme named
'atahualpa'. Please contact the creators of this theme, or the WordPress
support team for anymore information on this error."

Could you please assist me in what to do next. I'm completely blocked out of manageing my site and my site is completely off line.

Thanks,
Chris
Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:30 PM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
Hopefully I am not saying something stupid here, but I would just upload a fresh copy of bfa_header_config.php using your ftp program.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Liston is right, just upload a fresh copy of bfa_header_config.php and once that is done you will be ok.

Why are you putting the widget in bfa_header_config.php? That code should go in the options. If you want to add a new widget area to the header, insert that code at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area

Look at the documentation on the 'Add new WIDGET AREAS' :
Quote:
In addition to the existing widget areas (the sidebars) you can add additional widget areas, i.e. in the header area, the center column or the footer area. This page here only explains how to use this feature. To actually add a new widget area you'll have to go to one of the following menu tabs:

Style & edit HEADER AREA: Put the code into the text area named "Configure Header Area".
Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:56 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Sorry guys, I'm pretty green here. Where do I get a fresh copy of bfa_header_config.php and where on my ftp to I put it? This is obviously something that is really simple - I just haven't had these issues before.

And thanks Juggledad. Once I get it up and running again I will try to get the header widget working again. I did try that already but it wasn't working for me - I was just getting a code in my header area. Do I replace the %logo with the code?

Thanks,
Chris
Old Nov 27, 2009, 03:09 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Go here and download the theme to your hard drive: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=81

I'm assuming you're already using version 3.4.4.

Unzip the file and look in the functions folder for the file, and upload it to the same folder on your site, over-writing the messed-up file. I'm assuming that you have FTP access?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 04:11 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Thank you !! I'm certainly going to donate.