Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Menu Bar with glossy background

Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:58 AM
Tigger

35 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

with the Thema Options I can change the background of the page menu bar. But just colour by colour.

Is it somehow possible, to integrate a glossy background ?

I mean, to have for example blue as the main background colour. Further more, to have a grey colour from the top and bottom getting lighter to the center of the bar. A bit like shadow from top and bottom. The whole bar would then look a bit like a glossy button itself. Could be nice.

Greetings
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That could be done with a background image

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu, ul.rMenu li {
background: #123456 url(/path/to/image.gif) repeat-x;
}
To have no image on sub levels

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu ul, ul.rMenu ul li {
background: #123456;
}
You might have to work on the positioning of the image, there are various techniques to do that, pixels, % or "top left" etc. http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:03 PM
wrastler

Ok...well that worked. Sort of. Unfortunately it looks like one background is pasted on top of the other..the patterns start and stop dont really match.

Guess I'm stuck with that?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 09:52 PM
ciolo

12 posts · Mar 2009
wrastler to have it right, the image should be exactly the size (height) of the toolbar. I suggest you make a screenshot with the page, then crop the toolbar in your image editor and find its height. Make an image with the height you get and 1px width, then use repeat x function in css.