Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Menu acts all weird + Removing text from homepage

Old Jun 7, 2013, 05:07 PM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
Menu acts all weird + Removing text from homepage

Hi guys,

I'm back with some more questions I've been working like crazy on my website (mainly css/adding divs etc.)

I've run into the following problem:

1. My menubar is al weird. it has 2 rows right now!

Class="12col" is set right now due to my logo instead of text in that spot.

here's an image of what it looks like:

http://imgur.com/dTzRcbT

2. Also I won't be running a blog so I can delete the icon on the right... How can I do so?

3. Last but not least: I want to remove the "ho me" text from my homepage and make the setting

top: -88px (matches well with my main picture.)

! I was trying to find the correct php and I believe that it is page.php that I need. (it needs to stay on all other pages!)

I know nothing about parent pages and such, I always make my changes in the original big css file... (this is smthg I plan to change in the future after the site is done completely ) every now and then when I do an update like messing with the settings of the col and press save... it overwrites my css and I have to put it back ;'(

Site is in maintenance mode right now so not accessible!

Thanks in advance for all ur advice!

Peace.

Stiino0
Old Jun 7, 2013, 06:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Without seeing the actual site it's next to impossible to give you specifics other than to say you have to tweak the CSS and code in the virtual CSS files and virtual php files. I would highly recommend only using the virtual files as that is the way Montezuma is designed and editing the physical files leaves a lot of unknowns.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:43 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
As Larry stated, you need to make changes to the virtual .php and .css files. The virtual .css files are what's used to create the "big" style.css file, which is why you see your modifications being changed back all the time.

1. As Larry said, it's hard to tell what's going on with the menu without actually being able to see the site. It is probably CSS related, though.

2. To remove the RSS icon on the right (I think that's what you want to remove), go to your header.php subtemplate and delete the line that looks like this:
Code:
<a href="<?php bloginfo( 'rss2_url' ); ?>" class="rsslink" title="<?php _e( 'Subscribe to RSS Feed', 'montezuma' ); ?>"></a>
3. Are you trying to remove Home from the menu bar?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 02:14 PM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
Hello and thanks for replying both

The site is now live (chikara-thaiboxing.be), I know that I messed some things up right now with the css, this is for future edits. I will make it happen one day!

1. No need anymore for the menu, the media page was unnecessary apparently

2. That's exactly what I need! Gonna remove it tomorrow morning. thanks!

3. I'm trying to remove the text "home" on my homepage, menu and navigationbar needs to remain!
--> I want to make the picture the first thing the people see when they get to the homepage. I hope that this is clear! I was able to remove the text and with css I was able to make the picture show higher. But apparently this was also a virtual php file that was created, I couldn't find the solution anywhere unfortunately...

Thanks again for the help! Together we'll go a long way, I LOVE the themes by bytesforall and will suggest using this theme to my friends

Last edited by Stiino0; Jun 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:07 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Stiino0, thanks for adding the link, your site looks great. That also allows me to suggest something to hide the Home text that you were referring to, which is the post "title."

Try adding this to your various.css option page:

Code:
#post-76 h1 {
    display: 	none;	
}
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:44 AM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks for the compliment! That did it, my RSSfeed is also removed!

Last question that I have and then I think my site is 100% complete (besides my css etc. )

when you hover over Training and then Jeugd (youth in dutch), my red line above Training disappears... This is a very subtle thing that I want but I can't seem to find where this is coded. Can you help me with this last request?

Many thanks, once again!
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:48 AM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
btw, how on earth did you do the changing images on your website? I love it! Was a function in the future that I was going to implement but it was not needed on launch day.

Is it a plugin? I tried to firebug it but they kept changing haah.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 03:27 AM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
Also, the following doesn't seem to work anymore hmmm... How is this possible? It is in my various.css!

#post-76 h1 {
display: none;
}