Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget Placement

Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:04 PM
BillM

2 posts · Apr 2009
For some reason I cant place any widgets in the Left Sidebar. I made no changes to the theme and can't figure out the problem.

HELP!

Very Nice theme by the way.

BillM
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I remember that we had this issue 2-3 times but I am not sure if a concrete reason for this was found. I think not, it was more like "had old file from earlier Atahualpa version in the same directory" or I didn't hear back from the user. Switch back to your previous theme for a moment and see if there are still widgets in its sidebar, and remove them if so. Also check for older files from previous Atahualpa version in the same directory where you uploaded your current Atahualpa version.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:40 AM
SCLove

26 posts · Apr 2009
Flynn: Could you please have a look at my post re: WP setup & confusion?

I am totally confused about how to use this theme. I see several of your posts with complicated references to codes. Is this necessary to just install widgets like Google Friend Connect and other HTML code in the sidebars? What about adding links in the sidebars? Do I use the Theme or WP Dashboard? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2009, 01:23 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
To add HTML to a sidebar, use the Text widget. The ability to use widgets is a Wordpress thing, but Flynn built in a couple of his own widgets into this theme, starting with BFA, up at the top of the list.

There are thousands of other widgets and plugins you can add, to do various tasks. wordpress.org has a plugin directory where you can search by keyword.