Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Category Templates multiple sidebars

Old May 25, 2009, 07:23 AM
ranch2

4 posts · May 2009
http://codex.wordpress.org/Category_Templates

this article tells how to make the category templates changes; see 'what template files is used'

however in this theme, when you go to the editor, there is no category.php page and there is no sidebar.php so you cannot really edit them.

can someone steer me to where I would go to make these changes?
Old May 25, 2009, 12:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I suggest you make a donation to the author, Flynn, and maybe he will give you some guidance.
Old May 25, 2009, 01:45 PM
ranch2

4 posts · May 2009
1. i am building a big blog and want a template i can STICK with. I do not mind making donations at all, i like this template but I am feeling limited in one single area. as you can see what that is, the limitations on the content on the sides as far as widgets, sidebars, pages, links, etc. per PAGE, CATEGORY, etc. I need different content on each of these areas.

2. how much of a donation, just an idea and

3. how do i go about doing it? how do i contact this "template author" and how will i know he'll help me after i make a donation?

I am asking cause I am trying to figure out whether to bail out and switch themes, thanks so much for your help.

I really don't want to change themes, i like this theme, just needing a little more control than i have and i need to be able to have varying sidebars on pages and categories.

I considered doing a redirect on my server, but that could turn into a ton of hassle. I don't want to abandon the theme altogether, so please advise a) how much donation for this change? b) i would be willing to donate for other things as well c) how to make sure my donation is received and the author understands what I seek

Again, thanks so much, i love the template.
Old May 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Read the top part of the forum...Where it says 'Click here to donate"