Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Can't get a second row to enter HTML variables

Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:40 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
I had to put this project on hold for about a month and now I'm back and making some changes. I am trying to make changes to the font color, weight, underline, etc for widgets and poas\page items but nothing is taking. I then looked on another site of mine using Atahualpa and all the statements were stacked up like:

padding: 0;
margin: 0;
text-align: center;
color: #8B1A1A;
font-size: 1.6em;
font-weight: normal;
text-decoration: underline;

In the site I'm working in, I can't get a second "row" no matter how hard I try..pasting the above in, using CTRL + enter, shift+ enter, etc..

Maybe I need to upgrade to the latest Atahualpa? I'm on 3.4.1

I know I need to upgrade wordpress - I'm on 2.8.2 so that could maybe be it? I'm just afraid it's going to be a nightmare..have never upgraded wp before on a site.

Any help would be great - this is driving me nuts..I just wasted half my Saturday trying to change a font color..what a nightmare
Old Dec 19, 2009, 02:41 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
I was hoping this was something recognizeable with an easy solution - I guess not. To be clearer. If I go to ATO > Style Widgets > Widget Title and then enter:

font-size: 1.4em;

and now I want to add color so I try to add below it so it displays like this:

font-size: 1.4em;
color: #B40404;

The problem I'm having is I can't get the second entry below the first - normally the "field" resizes vertically as you add items but it's locked at one row. I have tried adding the entries along the line in the same row as in:

font-size: 1.4em;color: #B40404;

but that does not seem to be working. I guess I just should back everything up, update WP to the latest and reinstall or reactivate Atahualpa and try again.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 02:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of PHP are you using?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 02:54 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
5.2.6-1.el5.art

I have a dedicated virtual server at Media Temple and that's what the value is in my Plesk interface under Server components > PHP

I've had this theme installed for months and have been in and out changing these values with no problems - All of a sudden I'm having this issue and I can't figure out why. Thanks for loking at it...
Old Dec 19, 2009, 03:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
by any chance do you have the plugin 'events calendar' installed, if so, deactivate it and see whatr happens.

If not, try deactivating all your plugins and see if it changes.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:08 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
I dont have that plugin but I'll try deactivating the plugins ...thanks for the suggestion..
Old Dec 20, 2009, 09:21 AM
docfox

24 posts · Dec 2009
I have had this problem too and must not have written the question so it could be understood as I never got an answer - I thought I was nuts. Instead of the code vertically I continually enter it horizontally and/or I've copied/pasted from notepad.

My problem became when I went to edit the code I never knew what was "hidden" so I always (ctrl-a) select all (ctrl-c) copy and paste into notepad. Its the only way I can see whats there.

I was working on a sidebar issue I was not able to see all the information unless I copied and pasted - finally I had to take a break from it.

Let me know if you get it fixed.

Thanks,
doc

Last edited by docfox; Dec 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 09:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is one of those ?!@! questions. I think it is a conflict with something, but not sure what, it could be the browser, a plugin, version of php, wordpress, java. All I know is I can't recreate it on my system. If one of you want to send me a PM with your url, an id/pw I'll see if it happens to me - running a mac using safari.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 11:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well I just got on DoxFox's site and I have no problem resizing the boxes. I'm starting to wonder if this is not a JAVA version issue on your local computer.

On the dashboard of WordPress in the QUICK Post section, you should be able to resize the post box. Atahualpa has noting to do with this, so if you can't resize that box, then it's not Atahualpa causing the issue.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 01:16 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Hi Thanks for the info - I had to run out of town on a last minute consulting job - back now. I just went to my dashboard and in the "Quickpress" section, I added one letter in each row and kept hitting enter for a next row, enter a letter, enter, etc and when I entered 4 or 5 rows, I did get a resize and a vertical scroll bar showed up on the right..is this what you were asking?

I had started uninstalling some plugins and updating others - will continue with that to see if that fixes the issue. Just so frustrating to get hit with something so obscure right when I'm trying to get the momentum back on this project..

I have never tried upgrading to a new WP version on any of my sites yet - I could try that but I'm a little worried about it being a long, rough process..

Juggledad - I'm brand new to the forum..you obviously have a strong presence here - are you the main developer of Atahualpa?

Thanks!
Thomas
Old Dec 22, 2009, 02:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Thomas
Yes the quick press box is what I was asking about.

re - upgrading
I haven't run into any problems updating wordpress of Atahualpa. That said you
1) backup everything before you begin - just in case
thats, the database and contents of the wp-content folder along with wp-config.php
2) only upgrade one thing at a time

Flynn is the developer, I'm a guy that started answering questions who he asked to become a moderator
Old Dec 28, 2009, 07:31 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Juggledad, To upgrade Atahualpa, do I just make sure my images are backed up and then replace the entire theme directory? You had mentioned in a post to keep the original theme folder (rename it) and install the new one laterally to it to have both directories running in parallel (temporarily) in order to confirm a smooth transition. How does the browser identify which folder to read files from? Is that path in wp-config? or do you just keep the "live" theme folder named "atahualpa"? I'm hoping the upgrade fixes the field-expand issue. Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
when you go to the theme picker, you will see multiple versions of Atahualpa each with a different version number
Old Jan 8, 2010, 02:26 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
This is driving me crazy. I just started a brand new site on a hosted domain that is brand new. I'm running WP 2.9.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.4 and logging into the admin section of Atahualpa on my main computer - every single section that has multiple rows of settings [ like everything..example Footer: Content] that can be altered..fonts, padding, backgrounds, etc etc..the row is locked at one row in height and I only have one row visible. If I do a CTRL A and copy and paste the text settings\code into notepad - all the 4 or 5 or 6 rows of settings (for that feature) are there and I just have to work this way which is a huge pain. I then checked on an entirely different machine running Vista (other is XP) and I get the same thing???

Is it something maybe on my webserver? It looks like it's not an issue with something on my client I don't think..Juggledad, can I send you a login to see from your end? I do have some plugins installed - I guess it could be one of those. I just can't believe this is such a debilitating problem that has been plaguing all my sites and that no one else is having this issue.

Thanks!
Thomas
Old Jan 8, 2010, 02:28 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Also - does this topic need to be moved somewhere else? There didn't seem to be a clear choice which subforum to place it in..Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2010, 02:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I have the feeling this may be a java issue on your computer. What version are you on?
----
update. I just connected to a site of mine with Firefox on a Dell using XP - no resize bars
on my mac going to the same site, they are there
-----
this is NOT a theme issue. On the Wordpress dashboard, heck on the WordPress.org site, boxes that are resizable on the mac, aren't on the pc.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 8, 2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:50 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
..and we have liftoff

Thanks Juggledad - I think you mentioned Java before..I should have checked. I did not have java installed for some reason (I just reinstalled the OS and I guess I forgot to install it.) After installing Java (and confirming the install) I bounced the machine for good measure and went in and still had the problem. I deleted one other theme I had briefly fiddled with and also deactivated and deleted the plugin "wp-o-matic" which I don't need for this site - and voila! Some combination of that fixed the issue..trying on my Vista box now. I am going to enjoy working this weekend much more now!!

I guess it's nice to have this thread in the repository - hopefully it will help someone down the line..

Thanks again
Thomas
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:18 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
I just discovered that it's one of two plugins that cause this problem to happen:

1. MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer

or

2. wp-o-matic

I know that MaxBlogPress is working on the Ping Optimizer right now - I'll pass this on to them. Still need further testing that I don't have time for to confirm which plugin is causing the problem for sure but when I deactivated them both on a new site with the latest WP and ATA (that was having the problem) the problem was resolved - I'll come back with more details when I can.
Old May 16, 2010, 09:59 AM
abonne31

1 posts · May 2010
Same problem with Better Comments plugin...