Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How do you Resize Header Image?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 4, 2010, 08:20 PM
Zoe1416

15 posts · Dec 2010
Unhappy [SOLVED] How do you Resize Header Image?

I haven't been able to find this question in any of the forums, (if there are threads already, please point me in the right direction). I'm an absolute newbie at design, html, etc. So exact directions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my site: http://pregnancybaby411.com/

It was previously a Blogger blog, and I bought my own domain and I'm in the process of switching my blog over. I still have the blogspot blog until I can get the theme and design that I want. Since I'm a broke writer, I'm trying to do it myself without hiring a designer.

Anyway, here is my question.

Is it possible for me to resize my header image? Instead of the standard size given in the template, is it possible for the header image to be taller? I've hidden the Blog Title, since the header image I'm using has the title in it.

As you can see on my blog (http://pregnancybaby411.com/) There is a large gap between the top and the banner image.

SO I'd love any suggestions on how to make my header image taller, so it reaches all the way to the top of the page.

Also, is it possible to make the header wider, so that it stretches to the sides ... without changing the width of the blog entries?

I had attempted to change the width, but it changes the width of the entire page. And that's not what I'm aiming for. I'd like the banner image to stretch all the way from left to right, and to fill until the top.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

I've attached a screenshot to explain what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1738
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	930