Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

What exactly gets wiped out if i import the ata-round.txt style?

Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:05 PM
RuBeQK

26 posts · Jan 2010
I've done a bit of work, including colors, rounding, font, background, etc., and wondering what would remain and what would get erased if I uploaded the ata-round style. Here's the site: www.forthehappinessofit.net
Thanks
ATA 353
WP 3.0
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
From the option page
Quote:
Import Atahualpa settings file

Upload a Atahualpa settings file from your desktop computer and import it:

THIS WILL OVERLAY ANY EXISTING SETTINGS YOU ALREADY HAVE
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:02 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can of course export your current settings, upload the round to see how much you would have to change, and then upload the settings you just exported to get back to where you were. I often do that in testing. That's one of the neat features of the export/import functionality.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:50 AM
RuBeQK

26 posts · Jan 2010
juggledad,
yes i saw that notice on the options page, but - perhaps due to my being a nuB - it isn't clear which things qualified as settings, or if it was only settings in a certain category of settings (like all "page layout" settings, but not "font" or "color" settings)...

So, please clarify (I think it would be helpful to add a couple more words of clarification to the options page notice too, in case someone else gets confused like i did): Will uploading the style erase EVERY change from default on EVERY item on the Atuahalpa options menu - from SEO settings on down? and if not, what specifically will it erase? Thank you :-)

Larry, as a nuB i find your suggestion a little intimidating, but i'll keep it in the "try it sometime soon" file.... :-)
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
RuBeQK. I can appreciate and applaud your apprehension. Too many people just move ahead without a clear understanding of what they are doing and mess stuff up. Here is what I hope are more clarifications.
  • Before doing anything go to ATO>Import/Export Settings and click on the Export & Download Atahualpa Setting File - Now you have a backup of your current setting.
  • The settings you just downloaded are all the settings in the Atahualpa Theme Options. Style settings, path settings, etc. In other words anything you "set" in the options. If you upload the round style it will overwrite ALL those settings.
  • If you import the round settings and don't like it you can just go to ATO>Import/Export Settings and hit the Upload & Import Atahualpa Settings File button, select the file you exported previously and you will be back to where you were.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:15 AM
RuBeQK

26 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the kind words and help. Does the export/import settings have to be all or non? In other words, after backing up my current settings and importing the round style, can i re-import my other non-style settings instead of resetting them each individually all over again?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:19 AM
RuBeQK

26 posts · Jan 2010
Also, a suggestion to increase the forum's automatic logout time-out time. It seems to auto log me out when i take more than a couple minutes to write a post....then have to log back in over and over... thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
When you import a setting file you it sets you back to where you were when you exported it. You can't import a portion of the settings.

As for the time out. When you login click the little box that says stay logged in or something like that.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:45 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I do think it would be a nice feature for Flynn to add if we could import only the parts of the roundies style that actually makes the rounded corners, while leaving intact all of our other settings. In fact, when I get a chance I'm going to look at the styles and see if I can extract just those parts and try adding them to the existing settings.

Has anybody already tried it?