Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Strange right space because of the page menu bar

Old Jun 19, 2009, 04:37 AM
Thalie

9 posts · Mar 2009
Hello,

First of all, congratulations or your wonderful theme, I am a newbie with html and css, but it is easy to create what I want with Atahualpa. So thank you !
I've been trying to center the page menu bar lately, which I did thanks to your advices here (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=122). But now I have a new problem : my page is too large, there is a big empty column on the right, and I don't know why. I've been looking with firebug, and apparently my page menu bar is too long... but I am not even sure about this. Moreover, my splash page has a similar problem, while no page menu bar appears on it. Some column ruins it on the right side, again.

Could you please help me ?

Here is my site :
http://ionesco.sciences-po.fr/com200...ess/?page_id=2
and the splash page :
http://ionesco.sciences-po.fr/com200...art/wordpress/

Thank you !
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What you are seeing - the 'empty' column on the right is the area you have defined for the right sidebar (see ATO->Sidebars->RIGHT sidebar WIDTH.

Put this in both the LEFT and RIGHT sidebar style (you can remove it later)
HTML Code:
border: solid 1px #000000;
this will now show you how much space you defined for the sidebars. The sidebars are used for widgets. You can also control what pages the sidebar shows up on - see the documentation at the top of the ATO->Sidebars options page.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 09:47 AM
Thalie

9 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you for your quick answer. But I've already tried to change the sidebar width. The problem doesn't come fro the sidebars, which are small, as you can see now with the border I've put.

Maybe it has to do with the layout ?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What do you have set in
ATO->Layout->Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)?
ATO->Layout->Layout MIN width?
ATO->Layout->Layout MAX width?
ATO-Sidebar->LEFT sidebar WIDTH?
ATO-Sidebar->RIGHT sidebar WIDTH?

these options define the width of your page.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thalie

9 posts · Mar 2009
Well :

ATO->Layout->Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)? 1100px
ATO->Layout->Layout MIN width? blank
ATO->Layout->Layout MAX width? blank
ATO-Sidebar->LEFT sidebar WIDTH? 150
ATO-Sidebar->RIGHT sidebar WIDTH? 150

I've changed these values a few times, and no success. I really believe the problem comes from the page menu bar, but I don't know how to fix it, the CSS scares me a little.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 07:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
So which method of centering the menu bar did you impliment and what is the code you put in?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:29 AM
Thalie

9 posts · Mar 2009
So I first used this method, well the one explained on post #19 :

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...enu+bar+center

But, as I ws trying to get rid of this long page menu bar, I erased the css insert, and it didn't change anything, so I haven't put it back since.

Thanks a lot for taking time to help me.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:58 AM
Thalie

9 posts · Mar 2009
Ok so I managed to get rid of the long bar thanks to Atahualpa 3.3.3 (I was still at 3.2), but now there is just a little annoying box on the right... I guess I just have to live with it !