Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Changing the comments "title" color and size

Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:04 PM
frugalmom

7 posts · Feb 2011
When I have comments for a post and they are displayed, the phrase "X Comments to Post Title" shows up at the top of the comments (for example see http://frugalfunottawa.ca/frugalfish/?p=312). I have changed my center background color so that it is dark, and now this phrase is almost hidden. The font size of this phrase is also huge, I'd like to make it smaller. Can anyone tell me what code I need to insert in the css to accomplish this? Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't recall if there are theme settings to do this but you could use the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and tweak the color and sizes as desired.
HTML Code:
#comments {
    color: #fff;
    font-size: 12px;
}
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:00 PM
frugalmom

7 posts · Feb 2011
Ok, that worked! Thanks. I'd also like to change the color of the words "Older /Newer Comments". The color didn't change, it's the default body/text link color. I can change the newer/older post indicators through the theme options but I can't change the older/newer comments indicators the same way.

Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) go to a post with more than one pages of comments
2) go to one of the comment pages where it shows both the older and newer text.
3) view the source of the page
4) do a search for 'older comments'
5) look at the HTML that has been generated for that code
6) using the HTML elements and ID/CLASSes that are used create a CSS selector and rule
7) put the CSS into the CSS Inserts option
8) test it

You can also use firebug in firefox to look at the element and see what CSS you need to override. Playing with the CSS and experimenting is the best way to learn this stuff when you want to go beyond the theme options
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:23 PM
frugalmom

7 posts · Feb 2011
I looked through the "view source" but I'm getting a bit lost - the div id seemed to be very long

<div class="clearfix navigation-comments-below"><a class='prev page-numbers' href='/frugalfish/?p=78&cpage=1#comments'>&laquo; Older Comments</a>
<a class='page-numbers' href='/frugalfish/?p=78&cpage=1#comments'>1</a>
<span class='page-numbers current'>2</span></div>

When I used .clearfix navigation-comments-below to try and style it, it didn't work. I think I'm on the wrong track Also, I made a $20 donation when I first signed up but am not listed as a gold member. I'd like to remove the "Powered by Atahualpa" from the footer and have read that I need to be a gold member (which I believe I am with my donation) to get instructions for that. Is this something you can look at? Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In your situation I used Firebug and saw the classes for the older and newer links was .older and .newer but they are links so the selectors become .older a and .newer a so the CSS to change the color of the older and newer links, to red for exampe, is as follows.
HTML Code:
.older a, .newer a {
    color: red !important;
}
I had to add the !important to override CSS that is in place. This is sometimes necessary.