Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Messed up in Internet explorer

Old May 21, 2009, 09:04 AM
jorund

2 posts · May 2009
My site, www.vegitopia.no, looks perfect in Firefox and Safari, but not in Internet Explorer.
Somebody have a clue how to fix it.
Old May 21, 2009, 09:11 AM
everygirlssecret

3 posts · Jan 2009
I also have same issue with IE8. Looks fine in everything else. PLEASE HELP!!! I have inserted that meta tag in the header, and it still doesnt do ANYTHING. im going crazy!! I have the most recent Athualupa installed and most recent version of wordpress.

In IE8 it directs to some mobile version, which makes no sense seeing i deleted all my wp-touch plugins.

PLEASE - HOPE

www.Everygirlssecret.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EGSIE8.gif
Views:	2367
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	137  
Old May 21, 2009, 09:45 AM
jorund

2 posts · May 2009
It seems it is a general problem.
Also this site appears messed up in IE: http://marymcandrew.com/
I have mac. Does that got something to do with it? IE for Mac?
Old May 21, 2009, 10:43 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
this comes up often on this board, and I can think of two things for you to check:

Did you copy and past anything from Microsoft Word or Excel or PowerPoint into your posts/pages? You might have a lot of bad HTML from MS by doing this.

Be sure your HTML is clean.

Next, check your php to be sure you're not missing a ";" or closing bracket. I made a change to my site once and ran into this problem. It was because I do everything myself and didn't have a second pair of eyes looking at it until I asked for help via this board.

I have a pretty complicated site and it works great in IE, 6, 7, 8.

good luck!
Old May 21, 2009, 11:21 AM
everygirlssecret

3 posts · Jan 2009
NOPE i never paste from WORD, i know that messes it up
Old May 21, 2009, 08:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Is this on "IE on Mac" for everyone? There shouldn't be any issues on IE on Windows.

Everygirlssecret,
which meta tag did you insert into the header?

Jorund,
"IE on Mac" is the combination that requires the most CSS hacks. IE6 (on Win) is a piece of cake compared to that.

I have no Mac but plan to buy one just to check "IE on Mac", if I cannot get it running on top of Windows or Linux. But the market share should be less than 0.1 %. It's not even listed at http://marketshare.hitslink.com/brow...e.aspx?qprid=2
Old May 22, 2009, 10:01 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn; I love Macs, uses them daily. In fact, they make the best Wintel boxes using Fusion or Parallels.

But don't buy one just to test IE on the Mac! That software is about 4 years old at this point. No one on Macs use it, even old OS 9 Macs.

Use one of these sites:

http://browsershots.org/

http://www.crossbrowsertesting.com/

or another one.

But get a Mac 'cus it is a great machine. -Bill
Old May 27, 2009, 08:32 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
My page menu text links go onto 2 lines in Internet Explorer when there is more than 1 word as the link. For example, with my link called "mailing list", the word "list" goes underneath the word "mailing". If i delete the space between it, it is fine. Anyone else come across this?
Old May 27, 2009, 08:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Is this on "IE on Mac"?

Try a CSS Insert:

ul.rMenu li a {
white-space: nowrap !important;
}
Old Jun 2, 2009, 09:05 AM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ldsmedia
Thanks for mentioning the Word thing, I totally forgot about that problem.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 03:56 AM
parkerlindsey

1 posts · Sep 2009
I am also facing problem with my IE8 so I switch to Mozilla Firefox 3.5 which is the fastest browser I have ever worked on.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:28 AM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
http://strategicsense.ca

It's looking oogly in IE.

I'm using Dynamic Headers...could that be some of the problem?

It's putting a gap between the header area and the body.

Plus the text in the news ticker looks different from when it's in FF.