Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] "Atahualpa Theme Options" not working!

Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:29 PM
Jennie

3 posts · Aug 2011
New to the forum here, need some help please!!

I am using Atahualpa 3.6.4. I would love to update to 3.6.7, but am hesitant to do so as my current version is not in a working state, and I don't want to lose all my customizations. I am not sure when things stopped working (maybe at my last update?), as it has been a while since I've used the "Atahualpa Theme Options" menu option. Recently, however, I went to make a modification and found that the usual boxes of code are now replaced by a grey button that says "Reset ALL theme options" with a big warning about losing everything. This grey button shows up for every Atahualpa Theme Option that I click, such as "Add a favicon" or "Style & edit FOOTER". I don't want to click this grey button and lose all my tailorings!

My question is, how can I fix this?

Here is my site: http://www.gracechapelsomd.org

It's a Wordpress "blog", yes, tailored down to act like a static web site. (I love Atahualpa!) My website seems to be fully functional. Other controls on my blog seem to be unaffected; for example, I can edit Pages on my WordPress blog, edit the contents of my Atahaulpa widgets, etc.

I have WordPress 3.2.1 installed. Apparently I cannot update because "You cannot update because WordPress 3.2.1 requires PHP version 5.2.4 or higher. You are running version 4.4.9."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Jennie

Last edited by Jennie; Aug 23, 2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 09:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am a bit confused what version of WordPress you are running. You say you have 3.2.1 installed but then you say you can't upgrade to 3.2.1. Also I wouldn't worry about upgrading to 3.6.7 if you get your current version running as there may be a new and improved Atahualpa in a month or two.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:17 AM
Jennie

3 posts · Aug 2011
Hi Larry,

My current WordPress is 3.2.1, but apparently there is a later version that is wants me to upgrade to. I checked their website just now, and it seems that 3.2.1 is indeed the latest version, so I don't know why it tells me I need to upgrade...??

One thing to note, I recently upgraded the PHP "Sermon Browser" on my site. I don't know if that would have overwritten or corrupted anything in the Atahualpa theme. It does seem to me that there must be a corrupted file somewhere....

I hope this helps! Thanks for reading....

Jennie
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) temporally disable all your plugins
2) check if Atahualpa is behaving if so
3) activate plugins a couple at a time till the theme stops acting correctly, then you will know the culprit

if you just updated a plugin, I'd try disabling that one first and see what the results are
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:13 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you go to your Dashboard and look in the "Right Not" box it will say "You are using WordPress x.x.x. What version is listed there? If you are not at the proper MySQL version WordPress shouldn't let you update so you may have tried and thought it was updated.

If your are at a version of MySQL I would check with your host about updating. A couple of my clients sites were on servers with older version of MySQL and it wouldn't let me update.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:29 PM
Jennie

3 posts · Aug 2011
Indeed, my WordPress version is 3.1, and saying that an update is available for 3.2.1. Sorry for the confusion, Larry! I must not have been wearing my new reading glasses!

So I was investigating various versions of things, and about to try your suggestion, juggledad, when lo and behold, things started working again! I've been clicking around here numerous times in the past week, with things not working, and now all is suddenly back to normal again. I didn't do anything other than check in on my web host control panel to try to see what version of MySQL is installed. HUH. I am mystified!

I certainly appreciate your help here, though! It's good to know that you folks are available and willing to help out.

Jennie